cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hit a wall on Trading Card Sales, started off strong and froze.

I need some advice or help, not afraid to admit im new to selling trading cards 90% Baeball for sale. My sales were gaining traction then just stoped a week or so then picks up and repeats, seems im at like 2 sales a week now, I would Love some feed back on my store, I am open to advice and opinions, please visit feed back appreciated. ny23cards is my store.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there.  I’m about 2 years in.  I experienced this as well.  What I can say (opinion) in my experience is that eBay algorithms like consistency.  I now try my best to post at least 3 cards a day.  Whether I’m sitting down relaxing posting twenty plus cards or if I’m in a pinch for time I will just re-list some of the cards that are sitting in my unsold category.  

Also, not sure what your prices look like, but if you’re selling cards under $20 make sure you use that PWE shipping and change the ounces to 1oz to get the shipping to .63 cents.  I do all my cards at .99 cent starts unless it’s like a $500 slab I might start at $99.    

In the end just be active daily and you’ll see more consistency.  I try to have between 100-200 active listings at all times.  I put some cards in there that will probably never sell but it’s at least volume to keep my listings up and allows me to re-list when I don’t have time to do new listings.  I work 50-70 hours a week and have kiddos so I know our time is limited! 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

awesome thanks for the info, appreciate the response.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It also can be the time of the year and or season. Last year I had the same issue and it lasted about 7 weeks where I was only selling 1 or 2 cards when previously I was selling 10 + a week . It will pick back up, what the previous reply was saying also is very good keep putting new listings out and something will catch that right buyer. Good luck

Message 4 of 4
latest reply