cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Removed feedback from a non shipper,

I guess the new thing from  EBAY,  is they do not care if sellers do not ship customers cards.    We bought a card from a seller on ebay,  Waited and waited, after 8 days past the due date, we contacted the seller, Seller used the lamest excuse I have ever heard,  The local postal person, did not know what the policy was on ebay  card shipping, so they returned his cards to him,  Then they stated that they brought them back to the post office, OK  needless to say card looks as if Never shipped,  when we contacted the seller, to question it, they got really rude and very defensive.  Needless to say, They ended getting a negative feedback, for not shipping and the rudeness of the seller, based on his messages,    Low and behold, we left a professional statement about the card not being delivered and the rudeness of the seller.,   EBAY went and removed it,   Bottom line, they do not care if sellers are not shipping cards,  sure looks that way, I know as a buyer if I see someone who has not shipped a card, I would gladly think twice about buying,  the worst part about it,  is it seems to be a pattern of this person.    Thanks Ebay for not protecting your customers. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you look around here, you'll see some sellers have had those cheap envelopes returned, so you don't know it wasn't shipped.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

My problem as a seller using the eBay standard envelope is that the tracking system is only as good as the personnel who are supposed to be doing it.  And many of them simply will not do this with such an envelope.  There have even been various items that I've shipped for which the last note is, "Tracking number provided," and I know they've gotten to the buyers because I've gotten positive feedback.  This is not to say that you didn't have a fouled up situation, it's just FYI.  In your case, perhaps eBay removed the feedback because they want to protect their standard envelope system.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I've noticed that feedback left by me does not always show in sellers' feedback profile. Why ask for my feedback if it is ignored or covered up by Ebay? In my book this is misrepresentation aka FRAUD.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sellers have an easier time getting negative FB removed if they ship by Ebay Standard Envelope. That is because of the fundamental flaws in the service which may cause no scans to occur.

As far fetched as the seller's story sounds, it COULD be true.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I noticed that feedback I left a seller (neutral) was removed the a cpl days later.  Before it was removed I also noticed a new neutral feedback that followed mine.  Theirs was missing as well.  Mine had to deal with items listed in better condition than they were and horrible photos when it came to seeing damage.  Over 2 days following initiating the return and hadn't heard anything.  Left the feedback then.

Jamie A. Hauset
Message 6 of 6
latest reply