cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with 1960 835 silver German Sooting competition? Tray. Proper Translation needed

Hello, I sure would appreciate any help in how I should list this. Google translator says the writing above the eagle says, " Country Fight Germany, US ARMY" Under the eagle, Wiesbaden I found was host to HeadQuarters of the US Airforce from 1953 to 1973.  On the red enamel below the eagle, Means German Protection Leage. The crown above the eagle is the symbol for" Tradition Und Leben" which translates to "Tradition of Life" According to Wickipedia, Tradition Und Leben is a Monorchist organization in Germany formed in 1959n and is somed up nby it's motto, "We Crown Democracy"  They believe Germany should become a Democratic Parliamentary Monarchy. So my dilemma is, What is this plate for? The target and the statement Country Fight Germany in peace time, leads me to believe that this might be for a shooting competition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking, Brian. By the way, I'm not sure how to post more than one picture at a time so If I do, I'll post more in replies.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Please help with 1960 835 silver German Sooting competition? Tray. Proper Translation needed

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

IMG_3416.jpgIMG_3417.jpg

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It is an award for winning the German-American Survival Skills Competition, usually held between the different NATO forces as a training exercise.  There are similar competitions even today in most countries where hte US military has a presence and works with the host nation military.  My grandpa has similar things (he was in the Air Force in Germany for 11 years) - beer mugs, trays, plaques, medals.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Deutsch Shutzen Bund is the german target shooting association - also still around.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

835 would be alpaca silver (835 parts silver out of 1000 or 83.5% silver).

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I want to thank all for taking the time to respond. Any Idea of who won? Do you think it was an award being that the winner isn't inscibed? Possibly a promotional piece?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This is not alpaca silver, which is just another name for nickel-silver, and does not have a molecule of actual silver in it.

835 grade silver fits into the category known as Continental silver.

Lea
Message 8 of 8
latest reply