cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the seller refuses to send the parcel without receiving money

I made payment via PayPal, here is the seller's message: 

«Yes it is.

Thank you for your purchase and quick payment. I see the funds are on hold in PayPal. I can't ship this item until the funds are released due to its value.

When I do ship the item it will include a tracking number, valid insurance, and require a signature for pick up.»

Help me please !

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If it's a new seller, their funds will be put on hold, but they are supposed to ship as long as Pay Pal says it's ok to ship.

Once the item has been received, they usually release the funds in 3 days.

If he doesn't ship the item, after the last estimated delivery date, go to the resolution center and open an item not received case to get your money back.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You should enquire why the funds are on hold.

Is it a new seller hold?  If so, the seller would see "OK to Ship"  which means PP does have the money, they just aren't giving him access to it until the item is "delivered" or enough time goes by.  They'll hold for up to 21 days if the seller doesn't upload tracking (that time would allow you to open a claim - which is why it's 3 weeks).  Some new sellers are confused with this one and think they should wait the 21 days.   

Is it a payment review hold or did you by chance pay via eCheck through PP?   That can happen too.  An eCheck has to clear - usually 3-5 days.  Sometimes it's just a PayPal review - either random on their end or intentional because of something on your end.

Your [new?] seller might just need a little guidance.  I know it's not your job to do it, but it might help to get the ball rolling.  Or you can direct them to the boards and lots here will help them.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply