cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international shipping invoice issues

so i have had a few items that i am waiting to get paid on, usually i go to send a invoice and on international orders its pops up red and says that ebay is handling the invoice, i forgot the exact wording as its not popping up. so what pops up is i have the option to send a invoice to the buyer. i only use the GSP so not sure why its doing this i have 2 buyers waiting for invoices. 

its showing this message

You have not specified postage to the buyer's location. Please verify the shipping options before submitting the invoice.

i don't ship direct international as it's too pricey with ebay fees and not covered under there protection plan. also its set to GSP only. most issues i have had are with international orders. i love selling international but not sure why its not auto sending invoices. both only to canada i dont think thats a restricted country and i only am blocking Israel and Iraq far as countries. anyone else having this issue, don't want to really call ebay as its seems to always be a waste of time and reps often don't know much or tell me wrong info often.

i also have it set to not let none listed country to bid or buy. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes ebay still has not figured this out yet, as they block sellers and buyers from combining multiple item purchases, and actually expect the buyer to pay full tilt shipping on EACH item! I am sure you can imaging the ire stirred up with the buyer, and who does the buyer blame? The seller, who actually had NOTHING to do with this mess, and most likely will not pay for any of the items and go away and never come back, and may even leave neg feedback! While there have been a number of times that my international buyer has managed to combine items and pay for the order! Now this is something that ebay says cannot be done, yet they do not provide a reason! I as well use GSP as it protects sellers from any issues that arise on the international leg of the journey(that become ebay's baby) Now I have developed a work around, but can be time consuming, but will save the sale and make both myself and the customer happy and come back again. You need to contact buyer and explain the lunacy and that you(seller) will create and new item listing with all the items the buyer wanted into one listing as a package deal, then send them the new item number and have them pay for it 1st then I will go back and cancel the single items on my seller hub, I do it that way to make sure to save the sale, otherwise if you cancel 1st you may lose the sale, and the buyer has incentive to purchase the new combine listing rather than be dinged by ebay for multiple non paying bidder items. I refuse to ship outside of the global shipping program, as the risk for fraud and loss and misdelivery is very high, and can become costly to the seller....

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

its 2 separate orders and buyers. GSP is not giving them a invoice for the single item. and combined shipping only works when a international buyer checks out with the items at the same time and only works if the items are paid at full price no offers or no auctions will be combined, stupid but i have been through all that and got it figured out. i don't think you are understanding the issue. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

My impression has always been over the years that the GSP does not support combined shipping.  Has that changed recently? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

i had issues with that but was able to do it for a quite a few customers, but only when they buy it now and check out at once, sometimes they will buy it now and win a auction and want to combine but ebay will no let them.  i sell a few items to this one guy every week. one good thing is ebay lets you ship it all in one box and they still pay you the price for them shipped individually.  like this guy bought last week three items they all used a small flat rate box and got 8.55 for each item for shipping and then i shipped them all in a medium flat rate to GSP.  so i guess they just save on when GSP sends it out. i refunded the guy the difference cause he's a good customer 

also if i send out a offer and they can combine that with the buy it now items and check out with combined shipping.

but i have customers that cant figure it out sometimes so i am not 100 percent sure how they actually do it. or how it looks on there end. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

if they pay for the items individually as well it won't work. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I'm not sure why posters are commenting on combined shipping as I don't that is what you asked about.  What are the item numbers that were sold? When I look at your sold items all of the ones that I see do specify global shipping to Canada so it's odd that the listings you are referring to don't have that info.

Obviously I'm biased as I'm in Canada but if those items are under 4 lbs and can be shipped first class you could figure out the shipping cost and send an invoice with first class shipping as I've never had a problem with a parcel sent by USPS. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

people always get off subject here or dont read things fully. i dont understand what you are saying ones that i do see specify global shipping to canada.  i ship to canada all the time and i only use the global shipping program because i have had several people put in item not received on global shipping and then makes a case win and GSP covers me and him. but the item always gets delivered after the fact.  so as far as sending it directly a few people ruined it for everyone. i can send to global shipping and as long as it gets there i am all set. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Did you get this resolved? I'm in the exact same boat (shipping to Mexico) and it just shows that one message even though I've also only selected the GSP. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

lots of talk no answers. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

How did you resolve the issue?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply