cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Ebay wait 10 days to deduct the cost of International shipping labels?

1 Order was 4/8

2 Customer paid 4/8

3 Shipping label created using My Funds 4/8, not credit card

4 Order details shows the shipping label deducted from my net proceeds 4/8

5 Post office pick up scan 4/9

6 Ebay payout initiated 4/10 (but the shipping label was not deducted until 4/23)

7 I had no funds on the day EBAY DEDUCTED THE SHIPPING LABEL 10 Days LATE

This has happened twice now. 

NOW, Ebay is telling me that all my future funds will be held until items are delivered. 

Why did Ebay wait 10 days to deduct the shipping labels out of my funds when I asked them to do it at the time I created the International shipping label?  It is unfair to penalize me when Ebay did not do what my Order Details reflected.

I was unable to find a post on this topic

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @brought_to_you_buy . If it was an eBay International Standard Delivery label - those are not charged until they're used and the hub verifies package weight, dimensions, etc. That's how eISD service works. Not sure why you think you're being penalized? You received the funds to pay for the label.

-----

UPS/FedEx are not a factor @steady2304 since those services have been billed upfront since last Sept/Oct.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@brought_to_you_buy 

Was this either a UPS or FedEx label by chance?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi @brought_to_you_buy . If it was an eBay International Standard Delivery label - those are not charged until they're used and the hub verifies package weight, dimensions, etc. That's how eISD service works. Not sure why you think you're being penalized? You received the funds to pay for the label.

-----

UPS/FedEx are not a factor @steady2304 since those services have been billed upfront since last Sept/Oct.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It was Ebay International Standard.

I found out it is a post-paid service which rechecks the package weight and size at the international shipping hub, before charging the seller account for the label.  If there is a difference in weight or size from the label the seller printed, additional charges get deducted.

I thought that if I said deduct it from my funds it would do so, but not for for this service.

The customer service agent gave me a link to the international standard terms.  She said this is the only method that is post-paid.

So to deal with this I needed to understand what was happening, now I need to check the settings.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@brought_to_you_buy wrote:

I thought that if I said deduct it from my funds it would do so, but not for for this service.

For sellers that sell everyday, it would be deducted from their funds as they'd always have an available balance.

For an occasional seller that does not always have a balance of eBay funds, eBay will first look to pull from your funds and if there aren't any they will charge your backup funding source.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply