cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usps Some of your shipping labels have cost adjustments?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was checking my Manage shipping labels, And it says Some of your shipping labels have cost adjustments. Where do I go to see them? Because on my page it does not show any just how much my shipping was for each label. No - or + ? Help

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

No one can tell me where I go to see this bill ? Its not showing in my paypal or any messages from Ebay Yet the Manage shipping Label pages says I have some shipping Label cost adjustments but I see none.

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Looks like you got caught short paying by the new USPS postage verification. 

No, I do not know how to find out what the details are, I do not short pay my postage.

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Is there a link to the alleged adjustments?

You could try looking at your invoice under the fees tab and see if there's any there?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Theoretically, these could also be refunds for postage you overpaid - but I haven't heard of any of these so far.  They may be mythical.

Other services show these adjustments when you look under History of shipments.  I have not yet seen anyone locate where this information is on eBay.  If you find it, please let the rest of us know.  There should be at least two references to the adjustment: somewhere attached to the original postage transaction, and as an adjustment to your eBay balance.

Good luck...

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

Look again.

The OP says COST ADJUSTMENTS.  It doesn't say whether those adjustments were positive or negative.

@lja440 wrote:

No, I do not know how to find out what the details are, I do not short pay my postage.

Other than for the smugness points, what is the purpose to responding to a post just to say you don't know the answer?

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Thought a smurf said info would be here:
Manage shipping labels
https://www.ebay.com/ship/lmng

Never shortpay (or so far been caught in USPS false positives) so not seeing anything anywhere myself.
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

The OP said they saw it under manage shipping labels which would be the same link.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

if you don't know then why are you bothering even responding? Sometimes mistakes happen no need to be nasty about it.

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

@usgamecollector wrote:

@lja440 wrote:

if you don't know then why are you bothering even responding? Sometimes mistakes happen no need to be nasty about it.

Because I am the one that for the past 16 years have had to go to the door and collect ostage Due for short paid postage. I have had to explain why it is short paid, wait for them to find the money, often standing in the blazing sun, pouring rain, or freezing wind. I have also been the one that they take their frustrations out on when a seller "makes a mistake".

Some recent mistakes:

Box with .20 cubic foot ricing that was not only over the .50 cubic foot max but at 26# over the 20# cubic foot max. Had to collect $54.31 for that one alone.

Wrapped Priority boxes shipped FCP or Media Mail

5# packages with 15.9ounce FCP labels

A 23# Priority 'shoebox' with a SFRB label

And it goes on and on.  Our Rural Carrier Magazine once featured a Postmaster who collected over $2300 in short paid postage in just their small 2 route office.

Of course we get snippy as not only is this time consuming but Postage = Paychecks. USPS is set up to pretty much break even. Postage pays for wages and equipment and facility purchase and maintanance. Short Paying can lead to cut hours and PO closings.

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

@usgamecollector wrote:

@lja440 wrote:

Because I am the one that for the past 16 years have had to go to the door and collect ostage Due for short paid postage. I have had to explain why it is short paid, wait for them to find the money, often standing in the blazing sun, pouring rain, or freezing wind. I have also been the one that they take their frustrations out on when a seller "makes a mistake".

Some recent mistakes:

Box with .20 cubic foot ricing that was not only over the .50 cubic foot max but at 26# over the 20# cubic foot max. Had to collect $54.31 for that one alone.

Wrapped Priority boxes shipped FCP or Media Mail

5# packages with 15.9ounce FCP labels

A 23# Priority 'shoebox' with a SFRB label

And it goes on and on.  Our Rural Carrier Magazine once featured a Postmaster who collected over $2300 in short paid postage in just their small 2 route office.

Of course we get snippy as not only is this time consuming but Postage = Paychecks. USPS is set up to pretty much break even. Postage pays for wages and equipment and facility purchase and maintanance. Short Paying can lead to cut hours and PO closings.

As already stated, OP may have OVERPAID. Leave your personal baggage at home.

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

If you paid postage via Paypal, look at your Paypal account.  As I understand it, any debits or credits will appear there.  They also may show up on your monthly eBay invoice if you keep a Paypal zero balance or don't use Paypal.  Another possibility is your credit card statement or your bank statement.  Really, it all depends on the funding source. I generally buy postage at the retail counter or use stamps, but in September I happened to have 3 sales while I was on a full-time assignment with access to a printer.  The listing for a Steiff critter specified 2 lbs. and the international buyer chose FCPS -- the prepaid label automatically provided the correct amount at $21.38.  (My Worldwide fixed rate was $23.00, which covers the retail cost to anywhere in the world. The actual package weight was 1.25 lbs.)  Two other listings showed estimated weights under 13 oz. and I charged fixed amounts of $4.00 and $3.25, both adequate to cover domestic First Class retail postage even if the packages were a bit heavier than my estimates.  As it turned out, one package was several ounces heavier -- but no matter.  I simply input the actual weights in preparing the online labels and paid less than $3.00 for each package.  The extra margin helps pay for expenses such as poly sleeves, poster board, envelopes and sealing tape. Bottom line:  I find it very hard to understand how anyone could short-pay postage when all the necessary information is right there in plain sight. Carefully weighing the finished package also precludes any reason for overpayment. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Hi @Anonymous, Any postage adjustments are supposed to be reflected where you've already been, Manage Shipping Labels.  Do you not see a section Shipping Cost Adjustments?  I don't see it in mine, but I haven't had any adjustments.  This may be something Customer Service can actually help with.  Policy is not their strong suit, but they often know their way around the site.  At the bottom of the Manage page is a Contact Us link.  Click the options that most closely match your issue, then keep an eye on the bottom of the page for the Contact Us Phone icon.  Good luck!

USPS refund.PNG

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/ship-smart/ebay-shipping-partners/avoid-extra-postage-costs.html

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Bottom line:  I find it very hard to understand how anyone could short-pay postage when all the necessary information is right there in plain sight.

What may seem obvious to an experienced user often is not to a beginner.

For example, the different rate structures for First Class letters, flats and parcels are not that clear or obvious.

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Additionally, we (I?) have discussed potential false positives due to poor USPS equipment calibration, and have already seen 2? cases of that or some other spurious reason here in the forums, where as I recall, at least one shipper got refunded by USPS on appeal.

Message 15 of 48
latest reply