cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eBay es.

I live in Spain and want 2 mobility scooter batteries. If I have to order them from eBay UK, does the cost of the import tax show before I pay for the batteries?  Do all items ordered from  eBay Spain come from Spain? Because obviously, if I buy them in Spain there is no Spanish import tax.

Is there a legal way to avoid paying the UK to Spain import taxes? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Using eBay es.

Thank you VERY much. I have never had anyone more concise and informative, and someone who  answered ALL my questions 👌. Very refreshing 👍.  Thanks again, Billy.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Using eBay es.

This is the US site, you might get more help from the UK site.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Using eBay es.

I can help! 

When ordering items from eBay UK to Spain, you may encounter import taxes and customs duties depending on the value of the items and the specific regulations between the UK and Spain. Here are some points to consider:

1. Import Tax Displayed Before Payment: eBay typically doesn't display import taxes or customs duties before you make a purchase. These charges are usually determined by customs authorities and may vary depending on factors such as the value of the items, their classification, and any applicable trade agreements between the countries involved.

2. Items Originating from eBay Spain: Not all items ordered from eBay Spain necessarily originate from within Spain. Some sellers may be based in other countries and ship internationally. It's essential to check the item listing for information about the seller's location and shipping details.

3. Legal Ways to Avoid Import Taxes: While import taxes and customs duties are generally unavoidable when importing goods into a country, there may be certain thresholds or exemptions for low-value items. Additionally, if the UK and Spain have a trade agreement in place, certain goods may qualify for preferential treatment or duty-free status. It's advisable to consult with customs authorities or a tax advisor to understand the specific regulations and any available exemptions.

4. Considerations for Mobility Scooter Batteries: Mobility scooter batteries may be subject to specific regulations and restrictions when it comes to shipping internationally due to their classification as hazardous materials. It's essential to check with the seller regarding their shipping policies and any potential restrictions on shipping these items to Spain.

5. Additional Costs and Fees: In addition to import taxes and customs duties, you may also incur handling fees charged by the courier or postal service for processing customs clearance. These fees are separate from import taxes and may vary depending on the shipping carrier.

Overall, when ordering items internationally, especially from countries outside the European Union, it's essential to be aware of potential import taxes and customs duties and to factor these costs into your purchasing decision. Additionally, researching any available exemptions or preferential treatment under trade agreements can help minimize the impact of import taxes on your purchases.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Using eBay es.

Thank you VERY much. I have never had anyone more concise and informative, and someone who  answered ALL my questions 👌. Very refreshing 👍.  Thanks again, Billy.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply