cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload tracking number for return. Any ideas?

Long story short is selller sent the wrong item and agreed to a return. No problems there.

The problem is now with ebay's website. I printed the return label from within the "item return details" webpage. No problem there, I printed the label and shipped it back. On that same page there is a button saying "marked as shipped". When I click it, it takes me to another page and asks for the tracking #. I enter it in, but then it says, "The tracking number you have provided already exists in our system. Please use a valid tracking number for this return."

Also it still shows I haven't shipped it and says if I don't ship by the 13th, ebay will close the return with no refund. I printed the label using eBay's system yet it won't recognize that I have already sent the item and is asking for a manual tracking number.... grrrr!

Any ideas on what I can do? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you drop the package off at the post office?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

of course... 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

When did you drop it off?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The tracking number was automatically uploaded when the label was generated. You don't need to upload it. Thats why you are getting an error message. The system will catch up shortly & the return status will show the item is in transit.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 5
latest reply