cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased item, never received, no usps tracking, seller now Not a registered user ?

I purchased an item, Order placed on Friday, Dec 28, 2018

Estimated arrival Friday, Jan 4, 2019 - Friday, Jan 11, 2019

I normally follow up on eBay items purchased, but must have forgotten about this item.

While entering feedback for more recent items the item below shows up. After checking on the item details about delivery I discover the items was never delivered. USPS tracking for it's tracking number: 9400111899560278951208

shows

Status

Label Created, not yet in system

A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.

When I click on the item a page is displayed Looks like this page is missing

Package location  
Shipping status Shipping info received Shipping carrier USPS

After searching for the seller by member id shows no registered user. If I try to contact the seller

Find answers from nathanaecolo_0

about item 292891754916 a message is shown

• error
  • Oops, that isn't quite right. Please correct the item number.

So what am I suppose to do? I'm not able to contact the seller, USPS hasn't yet accepted the item for delivery, it appears the auction has been removed from eBay as the seller is no longer  a registered user.

MITUTOYO ABSOLUTE 6" DIGITAL CALIPER # BRAND 500-196-30 in BOX NEW Item price $13.99 Quantity 1 Item number 292891754916 Shipping service USPS Media Mail

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Purchased item, never received, no usps tracking, seller now Not a registered user ?

Open a INR case at PayPal.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Wow!  It stinks to have things like this happen!  Sorry this situation found you!

Now not trying to be harsh here, but wanted to share a few things that might help going forward.  Having some knowledge perhaps can help one avoid problems in the future?   Hope this helps?

1)  When buying, one of the steps I do is to check the seller's feedback score AND the actual feedback.  Any score less than body temperature (98.6%) is horrible and means the seller is in trouble.  Also look at the feedback received "as a seller".   Buyers can only receive positive feedback, so ignore that.    But look for trouble in the feedback.   Now a seller with low feedback or Zero feedback might not be bad, just someone starting out.  But it makes sense to "watch" transactions from low feedback sellers.

2) A buyer has 30-days from the last estimated delivery date or the actual delivery date to file a claim with eBay and keep the buyer friendly Money Back Guarantee in place.  So I keep track of my purchases, making sure I log in every couple of days and check my "Purchase History" and see the status of shipment, tracking, etc.  If one misses the MBG, then the only thing they can do is file a case with PayPal - assuming you didn't pay directly with a CC.  If you used a CC, then one may need to contact the CC company and file a charge back.   But if you can, start with the PP case.  Do not think filing cases with both is a good idea as that might get you in a position where both sites point to the other case and thus both close your case.  One thing at a time.

3) It appears as though you can't contact the seller anymore because they are no long a registered user.  That appears as though the seller was tossed off eBay, possibly for numerous issues.  So that is not going to work.  Maybe seller was a scammer and got your money and still has it because the eBay MBG expired?

4)  I see in the item description one provided that the last thing was the shipping method - Media Mail!  Medial Mail is generally for books and movies.  Digital Calipers CAN NOT be shipped legally via Media Mail.  So if one sees a listing where the seller has listed Media Mail for items that do not qualify - that should be an indication of a clueless seller or someone gaming the system.  If the seller is willing to defraud the USPS, do you want to do business with them?

So hopefully you can file a case with PP of CC and get your money back Again, sorry this happened!  Hope the extra info helps you with your eBay buying going forward!  Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It mean the label has been printed and either the postal service has now got around to scanning the item yet or.....the seller did not send it.

This happened to me, Sticker Karma from Tampa, Florida, printed the label realised the shipping cost to Australia was high so decided to just not send it to me, and still took my money. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply