cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with seller's return address

Hello,

Asking the community's kind advice for the first time here.

I've opened the SNAD case because of the fake item,  in which the seller (private seller) has accepted my return request.

He left only his address but not his name into the Return Details.

Plus, he stopped all communication with me.  As the result I don't know the seller's name, just the address.  The eBay query of contact information does not work as the item has been removed by eBay and that's why the query returns an error (no such item number exist).  The seller is not willing to pay the shipping costs for the refund, and is unable to print the return lable for me.

The transaction is international and eBay customer service has not confirmed me his name either (i guess does have no legal rights to do so).  eBay Customer Service has adviced me that I don't have to worry about the return timeline 5 days, beause there's a problem with the seller's shipping address.  So the return request stays open for unspecified time.  The "Ask eBay to step in" is not available. The customer service of eBay Germany which I completed the purchase with is giving me a little different information than eBay UK which I contacted because of the chat that's available there.

What are my chances to get my refund and how should I proceed?

Many TIA

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The seller's name should be on the original package label that you received -- sending a package without a full return name and address is illegal.

Also, the seller's name should be shown on the Paypal transaction details page.

However, prepaid return labels are not possible (from the seller or eBay) for international packages. Since your seller is not willing to pay return postage, you are not required to return anything. So, either wait for the return request to expire or contact eBay and ask for the refund. Either way, you'll get the refund.

By the way, this is the U.S. eBay site, where rules may be different than in Germany or the UK. If you bought on ebay.com, you should be dealing with them.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You have to restrict the resolution of your case to eBay.de only, because that's where you made your purchase.

If you really must know your seller's name, it's shown inside the PayPal transaction Details page, or on the bank transfer, if that's how you paid.

But it's irrelevant, because eBay has given your seller five days to either provide a prepaid return shipping label, or refund without requiring a return. Otherwise, eBay will just force a refund at the end of the five days.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your kind replies!  I see the policy is a bit different at eBay Germany, because as soon as the seller accepted the return request I was obliged to really return the item.  The good news is that today I finally got the name of the seller from the customer service.  And managed to get the return shipped.   I also got automated reminders from eBay that this day 11th May is the latest I can return or I can be left without a refund which I found stressing. 

Looking back this was  a very confusing case, mostly because of the unresponsive seller and the fact the name was not shown to me in return details.....yet eBay customer service told me it's there!  lol  ... Well the seller never printed me any return shipping lable, nor paid for the return shipping....  will see if the seller will pick up the package.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply