cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Buyer fraud/harrassment/Scam?????

Thank you for reading in advance as this is a longer post but I need advice and help.

On 11/30/2017, I sold a Roman Bust Statue (Poly resin) for $40.00. On 12/7/2017, buyer opened and INR case with the following message:

(Hello, Hurrican Hugo and Irma hit hard here in orlando, fl and it was said that the flooding is everywhere all over the state of florida. the houses that are so close to me down the block are still under water and during the winter time it is so freezing that i feel so bad for those People Magazine people. When this item arrived during the hurricane Irma and Hugo season it arrived with only the feet in the box. i don't have a photo of the box because the box was so soaking wet there was even a fish inside of it. but the only thing that was intact of the plastic with fish inside of it, not the merchandise in sight within the box of all things, and my trailer mobile home was soaking wet in west orange county. the box was torn all over the place as if there was nothing and netherland to be recoverd. I would like a full refund. thanks. Please respond. Thanks)

I contacted eBay, case closed in my favor as item was delivered per tracking number. Buyer sent multiple e-mails asking for refund, as instructed per eBay, I messaged back "Contact eBay", buyer added to my blocked list.

On 12/15/2017 I receive a "Suspicious Buyer for item" message stating that the item bids by this person had been cancelled as they aren't registered on eBay.

After item was delivered on 12/4/2017! USPS Tracking number.

When the item number is clicked on, the message the listing has been removed appears.

More e-mails from buyer asking for refund on 12/15/2017:

"Hello,

I would like to let you know that when the item arrived the box was torn on all sides and the tape was taken off. do you want the box back? the only thing inside of the box was part of the back of the head of the statue. The bottom part base was still there. I would like to keep the base. Yes, the ace of base. I did. I did. I saw the sign. And it opened up my mind to give yoiu back the back of the apollo head that was in the box only but I will keep the base aluminum. I would like to return this to you and receive a like some sort of refund, refund for the missing parts or pieces. Please respond.

Thanks,

Chris Evans of the Movie Premeir Fantastic Four and Jessica Alba"

On 1/2/2018, buyer opened a "Doesn't work or defective case" - stating the following.

Hello, Item finally arrived. Arrived broken. Here are the photos. I can glue it together but I would like to know if I can have a partial refund.

Finally arrived? It was delivered on 12/4/2017 per the tracking number. Hurricane Hugo was in 1989?
Not to mention this user is signing an actors name. The bust photos are attached, clearly a different bust. I belive that this is a scam, I have contacted e-bay again only to have them tell me that it falls within the 30 days of delivery per policy. I have reported the buyer as misuse of returns but doubt it will go anywhere. I do not wish to give this person any money, it is clear to me to be some scam of sorts. Any help/advice is appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer closed the case and eBay has blocked them from leaving feedback. eBay investigating the buyer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

At a quick glance, I don't see any obvious differences in the pieces, but I'm not really sure what your question  is.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Where is the buyer registered? Based on some of the details provided, it sounds to me like maybe he is international & used a forwarding service.....if that’s the situation, you can call eBay back & show them that the item was forwarded and win the case.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

The address I sent it to was in Florida, when I looked it up on Google maps, it showed a residence not a business.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

The item I sold was gold, the one broken was silver. The issue I have is that a case was opened saying they did not receive it, using the excuse of a hurricane from 1989. Then messages me with no photos until now. Then new case showing a very damaged item buts still wants a partial refund? I responded to case letting buyer know I will not issue a partial refund and I have been in contact with eBay, the buyer closed the case.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

May not be worth your time, effort, and possible neg.

A goodwill partial of perhaps $5 to settle the matter ?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Buyer closed the case and eBay has blocked them from leaving feedback. eBay investigating the buyer.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@millie1220 wrote:

Very Good Results

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

May not be worth your time, effort, and possible neg.

A goodwill partial of perhaps $5 to settle the matter ?

Partial refunds do nothing but encourage bad buyer behavior. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@millie1220 wrote:

That is good news. However ebay doesn't know how many ID's  and ISP address's  that scam buyer has until that buyer use's one of them .

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Very true, will have to make sure to check the address in that state when I get a sale .
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I agree. Buyer did say he was reporting me to eBay for being an idiot though!
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I agree. Especially when they want to keep the item, I get leery.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@millie1220 wrote:
The address I sent it to was in Florida, when I looked it up on Google maps, it showed a residence not a business.

Just for future refernce.  Forwarders also operate from a residencegrin

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I agree totally, Why should the seller ever accept a settlement when they clearly did nothing wrong? That's like catching a burglar and giving him the things he missed when ransacking your house and stealing from you. Never have been a proponent of rewarding bad behavior.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply