cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package to be sent to China

I have a sale that needs to go to China. Does anyone know if it can be shipped at this time? The packing slip and shipping info is all set to be sent today. The system isn't stopping the shipment. I would like to know so that it doesn't get returned. Thank you!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I wouldn't ship to China unless (a) it is through the Global Shipping Program or (b) it is Express ... otherwise, the delays could be extensive, and would be vulnerable to an Item Not Received claim.

(The GSP protects you from INR claims).

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I relisted this item after being on vacation, and I didn't realize it automatically put in EBay Standard Int'l Delivery. I have used the GSP once before, but I don't think I can change this one into the GSP. Do you know of a way to change it?

Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You used the ebay standard international delivery option when you printed your label?  That means that the package will go to a depot in the US and they will forward it to the buyer in China. I'm fairly sure that program does have tracking all the way.  If the item does not get delivered, there is up to $100 insurance on the package that you can put a claim in for.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I haven't printed the label yet, but yes, that was what was populated when I choose "print label".

Thank you, for your information. The problem is the item sold for $480. I may add the insurance that is mentioned in the link you provided.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

$480 is a lot of money to lose and with ebay's INR and returns system you could lose a lot more. 

This just sounds like a lot of trouble coming 'round the bend.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@picknparley wrote:

$480 is a lot of money to lose and with ebay's INR and returns system you could lose a lot more. 

This just sounds like a lot of trouble coming 'round the bend.

My thought as well ... an inexperienced seller, selling a $480 designer bag, to a third world country.

INR would be the least of my worries.   I would expect a "doesn't seem authentic claim", this inexperienced seller can't navigate the complicated international return process, and ends up losing the money and the bag.   Even if the seller figures out how to do an international Money Back  Guarantee claim, the buyer ships back a cheap China plastic bag.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply