cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of these 3 services, which one is the worst?

• Fedex Smartpost
  • UPS Innovations
  • DHL eCommerce

I've had poor experience with all 3 but I think the prize has to go to DHL for slowest.

I would NEVER subject my buyer to any of them.

Curious what your experiences have been.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@gkyn29 wrote:
  • Fedex Smartpost
  • UPS Innovations
  • DHL eCommerce

I've had poor experience with all 3 but I think the prize has to go to DHL for slowest.

My only experience has been with Smart Post - I would not accept it if it were "Free"
USPS has it's foibles, but while it is not perfect, it gets the job done.  Mostly, I ship USPS or UPS (regular - I do not know what "Innovations" is)
I wish these companies would stop hiring brain trusts to make up idiotic programs.  Fancy names and idiotic promo's do not get packages cross country.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I can’t honestly say. I haven’t had a bad experience with any of them. The worst service IMHO, and it’s not one anyone on eBay uses as far as I know, is OnTrac. I would say that FedEx Smartpost is the worst on your list but only because it’s slow and almost impossible to get them to pay an insurance claim.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@nancycyburban wrote:

@gkyn29 wrote:
  • Fedex Smartpost
  • UPS Innovations
  • DHL eCommerce

My only experience has been with Smart Post - I would not accept it if it were "Free"
USPS has it's foibles, but while it is not perfect, it gets the job done.  Mostly, I ship USPS or UPS (regular - I do not know what "Innovations" is)
I wish these companies would stop hiring brain trusts to make up idiotic programs.  Fancy names and idiotic promo's do not get packages cross country.

I use USPS also because they make deliveries on Saturday's too.

It's nice for the customer to get their product ASAP, mostly for their enjoyment.

Altough, if there were any legitimate issues, you also will know about the problem one or maybe two days in advance.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

I can’t honestly say. I haven’t had a bad experience with any of them. The worst service IMHO, and it’s not one anyone on eBay uses as far as I know, is OnTrac. I would say that FedEx Smartpost is the worst on your list but only because it’s slow and almost impossible to get them to pay an insurance claim.

Oh yes, forgot about OnTrac. That belongs in a class of its own, and not in a good way.

I'm rather surprised they are still in business and haven't either closed or been bought out.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I agree with you.  I haven't used innovations and never DHL but as a buyer I have had real slow deliveries with DHL and not too much problem with Fed Ex Smart Post or UPS.  As a seller we've had few problems with Smart post for the most part.  Since the post office delivers to the customer they do get deliveries on Saturday.  Around Christmas time Fed Ex Smart Post is slower than usual.  And if you don't drop it off at a place that accepts it then it can be slow to be picked up by Fed Ex.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

DHL is very slow. I have just bought a classic Leica camera from a seller in Munich. It is to be shipped to the south east of France in the Var. 569 miles according to Google. This is estimated to take over two weeks. An elderly peasant, with a decrepit donkey cart, could do the trip faster than that.

I suppose at least they do warn you in contrast to GLS in France, who in the 15 years I have had a house in France, have never delivered on the scheduled day (sometimes weeks late) and often damaged as well. This is not surprising as the item has been kicking around in a van/truck/depot for weeks.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply