cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having issues currently with USPS tracking?

I am wondering if anyone is having issue with USPS tracking or just me.  I shipped an item on 1/26/18 (Friday) and have it scanned in by the USPS hand held device at the post office in the morning.  As of now, there is no update of the package.  According to the tracking, I have not even submitted the package for shipment.

Is it just an isolated case or is this more systematic with the techs tinkering with the USPS software?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

USPS tracking is more kerfluffled than a kracked kauliflower.  There may not be any scans at all.  Or they may all appear on delivery.  Or Monday.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If I have a problem with one I log on to USPS add the tracking & click the Get updates
You can  pick email or text for updates
I have found once I do this request it seems to shake a tracking scan.

Try it see if it helps
usps tracking.JPG

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

We have seen usps scans not showing anything, acceptance scan and then some not showing anything else until it reaches the buyers city.

This started happening Jan 2nd and previous to that it showed complete tracking 100% of the time. 

It has gotten so bad me and my post master are real good friends now. 

We use to wait until the 9th business day after item was sold to do any type of search for our buyers but that has now changed to every monday a case is opened for any items sold the past week and tracking is only showing nothing or a acceptance scan only with no other scans.

We think it's a USPS glitch only. 

But we have purchased a brand new never used XXL defect bag to store them in since we can't control usps.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

wrote:

We have seen usps scans not showing anything, acceptance scan and then some not showing anything else until it reaches the buyers city.

This started happening Jan 2nd and previous to that it showed complete tracking 100% of the time. 

It has gotten so bad me and my post master are real good friends now. 

We use to wait until the 9th business day after item was sold to do any type of search for our buyers but that has now changed to every monday a case is opened for any items sold the past week and tracking is only showing nothing or a acceptance scan only with no other scans.

We think it's a USPS glitch only. 

But we have purchased a brand new never used XXL defect bag to store them in since we can't control usps.

On Monday, I called the local post office multiple times without anyone picking up the phone.  I then called the 1- 800 number and a rep with very thick accent opened a case and refer it to the local post office.  After the request was sent to the local post office, the package magically got scanned in as accepted in the tracking.

I saw the post master yesterday at the local post office.  She was insistant about all packages leaving the post office everyday even though she has my acceptance receipt showing the accepted date.  Then she said I took it to a different post office when the pre-shipment info is when I purchased the label.  She said I didn't bring the package in until Monday when the receipt clearly said it was brought in on Friday.  The long and short of it is, post master is more clueless than the "grunts" who is in contact with the customers on a daily basis.

I think all of you are correct about it being a USPS glitch.  Even though it's a USPS glitch, eBay will lower my ship on time percentage regardless.  Oh well.... Not loosing any sleep over it.  Lost my Top Rated already due to not selling enough items and not enough dollar amount.  So, there is no sense in going through hoops to get it rectified.   

Thanks to all who answered!  :thumbs up:

Message 6 of 6
latest reply