cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping - Canada

I have never done international shipping and think I have the concept, but need reassurance.

A buyer questioned if I ship to Canada.    The package is one of the larger ones I have and I have it as buyer pays shipping - USPS ground advantage.

Is my understanding right -  he'll buy paying the cost that shows up in the sale for shipping,  I put on the Ebay label and just ship like normal?

I don't know of any issues with the item.. it's a trapping snare,  which I know they use in Canada. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bomar_97 

If you ship using eBay International Shipping, the item is shipped first to the EIS hub (probably in Illinois), from which point it is then shipped to the buyer -- and EIS assumes full responsibility for any paperwork or additional problems (such as INR or NAD) after the item is received at the EIS hub.

The shipping procedure on the seller's part is basically identical to other USA domestic sales -- once the payment has been confirmed, the seller simply prepares the item for shipment, and prints off the shipping label (which will have the address of the EIS hub -- and NOT the buyer's address).  

Tape the shipping label to the package, and send it off.  Simple.

Hopefully, you are already signed up for EIS.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@bomar_97 

If you ship using eBay International Shipping, the item is shipped first to the EIS hub (probably in Illinois), from which point it is then shipped to the buyer -- and EIS assumes full responsibility for any paperwork or additional problems (such as INR or NAD) after the item is received at the EIS hub.

The shipping procedure on the seller's part is basically identical to other USA domestic sales -- once the payment has been confirmed, the seller simply prepares the item for shipment, and prints off the shipping label (which will have the address of the EIS hub -- and NOT the buyer's address).  

Tape the shipping label to the package, and send it off.  Simple.

Hopefully, you are already signed up for EIS.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you.   

Yes,  it says in my shipping preferences I am on the ebay international ..  

Unfortunately, this sale didn't go through.  The buyer says he was told when he went to order that it cannot be shipped to Canada.   I don't know the regs - it's not listed but may fall under one of the categories..  

It's a trapping snare ..   which are currently legal in Canada..  and I tried googling about regulations on shipping to Canada but came up empty. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I think that anything in the hunting accessories category can not be shipped through EIS.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply