cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you offer Free Shipping & Free Returns be sure to check Jan 27 USPS new Zone Price increases

Offering Free Shipping and Free Returns could become a problem after Jan 27 when USPS is going to Zone Pricing. For instance, a 2lb Priority package can range from $7.42 to Zone 1 up to $15.17 to Zone 9.  The heavier the package the greater the price. A 5lb package is $9.80 to Zone 1 up to $34.80 to Zone 9. Flat Rate is not always the answer. Medium Flat Rate box is $14.35 and Large Flat Rate is $19.95.  If you choose to use Zone Rate boxes you have to present them to the post office desk, and it is not a eBay or PayPal shipping option. Please take a moment to review the new USPS pricing at https://pe.usps.com/PriceChange/Index.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you offer Free Shipping & Free Returns be sure to check Jan 27 USPS new Zone Price increases

??   USPS has used Zoned pricing for many years for Priority Mail, except for the specific flat rate boxes. These regular Priority Mail rates (i.e., based on weight and distance)  are available when setting up a listing and also through eBay shipping labels.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I use Regional A boxes mostly; am I understanding this that I no longer will be able to have my packages picked up at my house?  They will have to be presented to the desk?????

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@redlmc wrote:
 ... am I understanding this that I no longer will be able to have my packages picked up at my house?  They will have to be presented to the desk?????

No, that is not going to happen. USPS is not making any changes in the Carrier Pickup service.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm sorry my post wasn't very clear. I was referring to the huge price increases in Priority Mail, and the fact that Zone Pricing will now also apply to First Class Package Service.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply