cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times has the USPS lost your package?

This year I stand at three items lost. That's too many lost packages. I got refunded for one package, the second one I lost money cause package said delivered, but it wasn't delivered to my mailbox and mailman doesn;t recall any package, yet the package was scanned as delivered, so in the end, I get no package and lose my money. Now I have a third item that is lost. This has become a new problem. I never had packages before get lost until this year. Now I don;t even wanna buy anymore and then sit around waiting for it to come and it never does.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

we are from nj. postal service is excellent here. we have been buying & selling since march 2012 & never lost one as buyer, never lost one as a seller & only experienced 1 late scan which was our fault.....good luck!!

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

One for about 5000 transactions as a buyer and seller.

I'm not sure that one counts though as it was coming from the UK. Maybe the seller never sent it, maybe Royal Mail lost it, or USPS. I don't know.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Been selling "mail order" - offline and online - since the early 1980s. Number of items lost - zero.

As a buyer during that same timeframe, number of items lost - zero by USPS and Fedex, one by UPS.

Similar situation here. Buying and selling online/mail order since 1999.  Never had  USPS, FedEx OR UPS loss a package as a buyer or seller.

Ontrac is another story. They lost my Amazon order 2 weeks ago. I contacted them and got half you know what response about them doing an investigation and the driver retracting his stamps and being unable to track it down. Bologne. He's probably enjoying my salted caramel protein powered right this very minute! I know they lied about delivering it because the delivery scan appeared 18 hours after they said they delivered it! 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Once as a Seller - I had to refund (way before MBG) and no insurance either 😞  I switched to FedEx.

And almost once as a buyer - seems it was "misplaced" for a week Smiley Sad and somehow "found"  Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Over the past 15 years of shipping, I've had only one lost and it was later found stuck in my carriers storage box and he even paid for it out of his own pocket.  Many have been delayed up to a month including an $800 bank deposit which was not fun.  But I've had dozens of customers claim boxes were lost only to check tracking and find that they were delivered. The last one was in Chicago and it's usually the big cities.  So there is a big problem of people stealing off peoples porches and I agree with the guy about getting a security camera and maybe running your own sting operation.  Much to sellers dismay, ebay does refund if customers claim they did receive it but the box was empty.  Which I consider online shoplifting.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply