cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my shipping forum to go back to default?

Hi all, I'm a new seller and I haven't had any problems until a few days ago. I'm not sure if this has something to do with USPS ground advantage or I've done something to change my shipping process. I've always just had the basic type in the weight and height and eBay provides the shipping services and an estimate of each. Now when I create a new post I'm just given my business processes which do not give me a shipping estimate and which service would be best, is there a way for me to revert back to the old way without a bunch of work? I tried to delete my shipping processes to go back to default but I was unable because they are in use by my active listings. Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There's a little box where you can opt out of business policies, in the upper-right corner of the business policies page.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Here is a link to the business policy page, if this is indeed where the problem lies:

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

Be CAREFUL!!! If you don't have business policies set up, this link redirects you to:

https://www.ebay.com/bp/policyoptin

DO NOT CLICK on "Get Started" because, after clicking on that button, ebay will automatically start to change your shipping options and convert them into 'business policies". So "get tarted" actually means you are being opted into business polices.

If you do have business policies set up, the first link does open a page where, as posted below, in the upper right corner you have an option to "opt out" and everything returns to your old shipping options.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hey @exile_resale Your account must have opted in to using business policies without you realizing it.

Business policies help me keep my sanity. Manage and edit them (or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings) on this page.

bizpolicies.png

Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi there! To get your shipping forum back to default, you can try this simple fix. Go to your shipping settings and look for an option like "Restore to Default" or "Reset to Default Settings." Click on that, and it should revert your shipping preferences to the standard settings. If you still face issues, consider reaching out to eBay support for personalized assistance. Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You are a life saver. Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply