cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! DPO package returned twice?!?!

Hello everyone - 

Today I had a DPO package returned to me.  This was the second time this package has been returned.  Both times USPS applied a sticker over the shipping label that indicated that I needed to include a customs form with the package.

Four days ago, I received the package back the first time.  I paid for and printed another shipping label, attached a fully filled out customs form, and gave it back to my USPS carrier.  She is a former USPS clerk so, after I handed it to her, she looked everything over on the customs form for me and said it all looked good.  I figured that would be the end of it and it would get delivered.   

Nope.

The crazy thing is that I have sold to this particular buyer multiple times in the past 6 months and this has never been an issue.  This is the only package that has ever been returned to me stating that I needed to include a customs form with it. 

Does anyone know where to get a customs form at when I print a DPO addressed shipping label through Ebay?  I don't recall seeing anywhere that I could print one?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'd contact the local p.o. in person.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Email the buyer and let them know what is  happening and then go to the post office and get the form from them. Pick up a few extra ones just incase.  Hopefully, the post office will allow you to ship it again without having to repay the shipping.  That is why you need to go in person.  Goodluck.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I already tried reshipping it with the customs form from the post office.  It was returned to me today with the customs form clearly attached to the package and a sticker over the shipping label that read:  Missing customs form.  😫

The post office said my only option at this point is to purchase a new shipping label through USPS.COM and fill out the customs form through there.  I'm not paying for a third shipping label...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply