cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Deal Or Scam?

Yesterday when I searched on eBay, I accidentally found this extremely cheap iPhone X. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/323366295700) Without much consideration, I purchased it and paid with my credit card through PayPal. The buyer did ship fast, providing the delivery number in about 10 minutes. Later, I looked further in the seller's profile, realizing that he or she is a newbie on eBay (registered on Jul, 2018) and has a ZERO feedback. Also, while checking the delivery status, I found the package was shipped from PHOENIX, AZ, using media mail. It is so weird. Because the Item location on the eBay page shows it was in Carbondale, Illinois. And I am under the impression that the media mail is limited to shipped items like books, CDs or video tapes, etc.. I have contacted the seller multiple times concerning the issues above and so far I have got no reply. What should I do next? I feel uncertain and insecure now.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Great Deal Or Scam?

If you do not receive your purchase on the last estimated date for delivery, the day after open an item not received claim, under ebay's money back guarantee.

Read the money back guarantee process and then follow the easy to understand details.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

You should also contact ebay customer service and provide the information you currently have related to this transaction.

When something appears too good well it often is ......

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

If you do not receive the item you purchased you would instead open a not as described request.

Why haven't you contacted ebay before posting, suspecting that you have been scammed ?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

Did you report this seller and the listing to ebay ?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

I wouldn't do anything. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

Have you bothered to do anything beside posting on this board ?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

Did you note buyer location is China?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

So what? I do live in China, but the address I shipped to is in the U.S..
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

Because I am not familiar with the eBay website. So I chose to turn to the discussion board to get help from the experienced user like you. Thanks for your assistance.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

Huh. You mean just waiting patiently?
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

@ed8108 wrote:

Have you bothered to do anything beside posting on this board ?

Until the latest estimated delivery date has passed, what exactly do you think the OP can do? They paid; the seller shipped something. There's no basis for opening an eBay case.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

@huangenquan wrote:
So what? I do live in China, but the address I shipped to is in the U.S..

So is this being forwarded to you from the us address?  Once the item is forwarded you lose eBay buyer protection   If you paid with PayPal you'll have protection with them still but you'd have to pay return shipping that provides tracking 

your post confuses me though. Did you share the right listing ?   To start with that doesn't look like an amAzing deal.   The seller has been around since 2011 and has several feedback not 0 as stated in your original post. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

Did you actually get into the original listing or where you were directed by ebay?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Great Deal Or Scam?

@ed8108 wrote:

Did you actually get into the original listing or where you were directed by ebay?

Ah you're right. It just took me directly to some other listing when I clicked the link   That's confusing and dumb thanks eBay.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 15 of 18
latest reply