cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Shipping and Combining Shipping

Hello...I haven't received a reply from an earlier post...It seems that my preferences are not working. When a buyer purchases an item even if it is free shipping and they want to purchase another item..I offer combined shipping for $3 for each additional item. However, it doesn't seem to be working. Most buyers do not use the shopping cart and then request total from seller. When my items have free shipping and they buy more than one..they are getting free shipping on the total order which can be costly for me. I have been doing a promotion for buy 1 regular price and get the second at 1/2 price too so free shipping on top of that is too much. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Free Shipping and Combining Shipping

If you set the listing up with free shipping you cannot add shipping even if buyer purchases multiples.  You would have to ship all the items separately for free if they were purchased by different people.  At least by combining them in one shipment you may get off a bit cheaper than if you shipped the individually.  Of course, that isn't always the case.  However, you can ship them individually, I suppose. 

Surely you had the cost of shipping built into your price.  If not, you need to reconsider your product pricing.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 2
latest reply