cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed to get money back from paypal from buying a dvd 7-2016 on my ebay . left great feedback.

On July 22 2016 I sold a dvd. She left me great feedback. Now over a year later on Aug. 17 2017 i get a email from paypal that she has filed a dispute. Under reason it said other. I can either return her money. Or i have already returned her money. Or i can reponse by submitting information that will resovle the case. Paypal has taken $15.39 out of my account and put it on hold!! Now iam negative . How can paypal not see that this item ( as i saw ) was bought over a year ago?? And then now take out the money to put it on hold till its resloved? What is there to resolve ? She bought it , got it, left great feedback. And now this over a year later she wants her money back ?? She is still a registered user on ebay. Can i report her for any violations ? If so where do i go to do this.I tried to report her but it wont take the item number as it is over 90 days. I plan on calling paypal in the morning. Anyone help would be appreaciated 

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Filed to get money back from paypal from buying a dvd 7-2016 on my ebay . left great feedback.

You don't know this for sure. She gave me her name and said she would handle it for me. And I'm sure as in the past I will get a email from ebay on the situation on its been taken care of. She did say this would also go on the buyers record. And yes I know that besides this ebay can't get my money back . Thanks
Message 31 of 43
latest reply

Ok on the bank and their final decision . But she has no valid reason to file with her bank. And once paypal works with the bank hopefully the bank will realize this is just plain fraud after a year . Thanks
Message 32 of 43
latest reply

@dbmartian wrote:
Ok on the bank and their final decision . But she has no valid reason to file with her bank. And once paypal works with the bank hopefully the bank will realize this is just plain fraud after a year . Thanks

Paypal doesn't really work with the bank. Its up to the bank to decide if she has a valid reason. Its really not that cut & dry as you think. And yes i do know that customer service told you what you want to hear. There is no "claim" that can ever be filed on a sellers behalf. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 33 of 43
latest reply

@dbmartian wrote:
Ok understand better now. But show who I have all my ducks in a row? Well so far ebay has been helpful although they can't help with getting my money back . Ebay lady did file a claim with the fraud dept. And we will see what paypal does when my husband ( he's the only one that they will talk with as its his account. I was just trying to get this straighten out as he doesn't have normal work hours and is not in a office all day to call. And so paypal said to have him call them back . And then he can show she left positive feedback. So they can see she has no reason to ask for her money back after a year. As she was happy with her item. And we will see how paypal handles it . Thanks will post when we see how this ends.

All, a waste of time and I'm sure your husband doesn't have that time to waste, but do as you see fit.

As far as lining up your ducks, there really are no duck to line up. You're at a big disadvantage here. You want to imply in your email that you're sorry for the buyers situation (whatever it may) and you want to make sure you have all the information correct for your USPS official mail fraud/theft report your going to "help" them with. 

As MissJen has said, if its that the DVD is SNAD, that's kind of a show stopper but I I would ask the buyer how can it pay for over a year with no issues.

I had something like this about 7 months ago, I could see my $20 plus my item and my money flying out the window. I contacted the buyer, told him what he purchase, when, when it was delivered, everything I could to "remind" him that HE purchased it and it wast'nt fraudulent activity on his statement. 24 hours later, he replied with a BIG apology, he called his bank and said it was a mix up, called PayPal and all was cleared up within 48 hours (no help from eBay or PP thank you). 

I'll still bet this is something like that, not something evil but something stupid.

There is only two people that can fix this, the buyer or the bank doing the chargeback. You only have access (but pretty good access) to one.

Keep the email to the point, not accusatory. You want to "help" with the buyers problem which will hopefully help with yours. You want to imply you have all his contact info to "help" him.

The biggest problem with eBay is that both parties are nameless and faceless, add to that paypal uses "screen" names when it reports a transaction as apposed to ebay seller xyz, nothing ever adds up, it looks like fraud.

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:
Customer service tells you what you want to hear. There was no "claim" filed or even a report....

CORRECT!

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

@missjen316 wrote:
Paypal doesn't really work with the bank. Its up to the bank to decide if she has a valid reason....

CORRECT again!

Can the OP say denial? (as they are in it)

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

If you are the wife of the seller, why does your OP say sold a DVD? So many of your posts make it sounds like you are actually the seller, you said at least twice that she left you positive feedback. I'm just wondering why you didn't just say who you really are.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

Its been taken care of by paypal as they refunded the money. Because they said it was passed paypal 180 days and also they realized it was over a year with the bank. And they don't know why the bank even opened a dispute because it had been over a year. Thanks
Message 38 of 43
latest reply

I hope you mean they released the hold on the $$ and didn't "refund" the buyer?  I think the whole thing was stupid to begin with~~a year + is way too long for their bank to have even considered a chargeback.  Be sure to add that buyer to your "list".

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

Paypal released the funds back into my account. Yes that's what they said. And was surprised the bank would even do a dispute . Thanks
Message 40 of 43
latest reply

As I understand, pay pal took the money and opened the chargeback again last night after returning your money to your account?  It used to be that neither the seller or pay pal had the ability to fight a chargeback.  WAY back in the old days ebay advised buyers to open a case through them before doing a chargeback because neither the seller or pay pal had any way to dispute a chargeback & the seller usually ended up with no item & no money.  Back then they didn't charge the seller $20.00 for the chargeback~~it isn't fair they do it now either.  If this is what happened~~it stinks.

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

Sellers still don't have the ability to fight a chargeback. They can only upload their proof to PayPal. They dont have access to the buyers credit card company to fight the chargeback. I don't think paypal really fights them either,  if the seller provides anything they just pass it on to the credit card company. Sellers initially lose chargebacks all the time and get hit with the CB fee even when they qualified for seller protection. It takes a phone call or to to PayPal to get it reversed.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 42 of 43
latest reply

I got paypal to pay me back. The case is still open. I will be sent a email when it is closed. Even though this item was bought and paid for July 22 2016 . And a dispute open July 17 2017. Note the years. It took me a bit when I got the dispute email the difference in the years when bought and opened. And also it took the paypal person to be told note the two different years.
Message 43 of 43
latest reply