cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx/Ebay shipping charged me an adjustment on a UNDER weight package

So, I just got a email from Ebay with a adjustment bill on two shipments made via Ebay shipping using FedEx, i always round up the actual box dimensions when i ship anything and always add some weight from what I weigh (incase my scale is off) 

So get this, I now have been charged extra for actually being UNDER the weight I paid for.

Not sure what's going on with that, but its totally unreasonable.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

The notification I got this morning stated:

- the package I paid for as 20 pounds was actually 22 lbs. (on the scale, it was 15, and I had rounded up to 20)

- "The carrier has reported that the weight of your package was 11.5 lbs." This was noted with a red error mark under my reported weight of 20.

So, in the same adjustment message, FedEx claimed that my package was, amazingly, BOTH 22 and 11.5 pounds.

FedEx is a disaster.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

eBay is aware of the FedEx cost adjustment issue and is working on it. They posted banners on the CS contact pages and seller Payments pages letting sellers know it's a top priority. No need to waste time contacting CS (the waits are long right now due to the volume from this issue). Give eBay some time to sort it out and credit back the funds.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/For-those-dealing-with-the-Fed-X-issue-this-is-now-on-the-eba...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Apparently, they haven't really fixed this issue. Here we are a week later and they are charging me double + for all of my Fedex shipments. I don't really appreciate having several hundred dollars stolen from every week. even if it does get returned a few days later, its still super annoying.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I just posted basically the exact same message. Why do they have access to my account? They should not be allowed to take everyone’s money if it’s a known error.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

kyle@ebay  devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay  looks like this issue has not been fixed as there are a bunch of reports of more incorrect backcharges being posted across the boards here and across social media.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Are they still refunding the overcharges? This is the 6th business day and i still have 3 FedEx overcharges where they charged more for nothing. One i paid for more weight and the other 2 they billed it again for the exact amount of weight i had already paid for.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Same overcharge from FedEx here.  Label created March 25th 2024 for 11 lbs.

Got extra charge of $17  because FedEx said my package really weight 10.4 lbs.

**bleep**???

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I paid $22 for a 20lb package. I was just charged and additional $26 because the weight is 19.7 lbs????

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

kyle@ebay wrote:

kyle@ebay  devon@ebay elizabeth@ebay  looks like this issue has not been fixed as there are a bunch of reports of more incorrect backcharges being posted across the boards here and across social media.

Hey @valueaddedresource our shipping team became aware of this happening again yesterday evening, and they are currently working to correct the issue.  We'll be sure to pass along updates as soon as we receive them!

Kyle,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

kyle@ebay wrote:

Hey @valueaddedresource our shipping team became aware of this happening again yesterday evening, and they are currently working to correct the issue.  We'll be sure to pass along updates as soon as we receive them!

Thanks kyle@ebay !

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Issue is definitely NOT resolved! Just got hit today with $30 of "adjustment" on 2 packages. Will no longer be using FedEx I guess.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Here it is April 24 and still these FedEx adjustments are happening.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I got one charge and two refunds that pretty much even out.It is just worrisome that these people are allowed to pilfer your account for whatever reason.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply