cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay shipping labels?

Ebay offers shipping labels, you purchase at dicounted rate compared to USPS costs, and that covers all shipping expenses, attach label to package and USPS will accept with no additional charges?

Or are you buying shipping label attaching it to package and paying additional shipping cost at the USPS?

looking for the most affordable method for shipping thx

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay shipping labels?

If you enter the correct weight and dimensions when you buy the shipping label, there shouldn't be any extra charges at the PO.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

When you purchase shipping labels on eBay you are charged online commercial prices, with the exception of Media Mail there’s no online discount for that.

However, if your dimensions and weight of the package is wrong then you would be charged additional postage for the package. Either the post office will charge your eBay account or apply postage due and your buyer pays, which is never a good thing. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

It depends what you are selling.

I sell stamps...so I buy big lots of stamps on auction on eBay under face value and use what I do not want to sell.  Like if I get $200. worth of stamps face value at $100....I save $100. dollars.

I prefer USPS...I like to get a receipt and I know my item has been scanned...I have the receipt in my hand from a clerk at the post office. But that's me. Never had anything lost in the USA this year!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

As a seller, how have you been handling the purchase of postage thus far?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

Printing and voiding shipping labels | eBay

About half way down the page there is this:

krazzykats_0-1704049272260.png

There are also some helpful videos on the right side of this page.---------------------------->

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

A little awkwardly phrased but - - - - -

"Ebay offers shipping labels, you purchase at dicounted rate compared to USPS costs, and that covers all shipping expenses, attach label to package and USPS will accept with no additional charges?"  
Yes.  That is what happens, in general, of course.  

"Or are you buying shipping label attaching it to package and paying additional shipping cost at the USPS?"  
No.  Generally speaking, the only way there would be any additional shipping cost through the USPS would be if you entered lower than accurate package measurements and weights when you purchased your postage through eBay. 

And then you, the seller, do not pay any additional money to the post office. 
However, your buyer  would have to pay postage due in order to receive the package from the post office.  That can result in an angry buyer who leaves neutral or negative feedback, which can have additional negative consequences.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

i copy print attach buyer address, take it to USPS pay costs or,,, try to use prepaid box according to size of box with there standard cost rate for box size,, has been the cheapest way, new to selling, been a buyer mostly.
Ive bought shipping label in the past and they charged me more when i got there,,,,, but i didnt enter any demenisons or weight. at the time i didnt know about that.

any tips? thx

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

@c10pnl wrote: ... they charged me more when i got there,,,,, but i didnt enter any demenisons or weight. at the time i didnt know about that....

When purchasing postage labels, you MUST have an accurate package weight or you run a high risk of overpaying or underpaying for the postage.  

Dimensions also matter IF any of them are over 12 inches, because there are surcharges for (1) package length over 22 inches or (2) package volume over 1 cubic foot (i.e., 1728 cubic inches).

Postage will always cost you less when purchased through eBay compared to purchasing at the PO counter, except for Media Mal which costs the same.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay shipping labels?

Nothing bigger than 12x12x12.  Or you will pay the up charges. 

I use 12x12x12 on almost everything I ship regardless of whether it measures less....price is the same for a 4 oz 12x12x12 as a 4 oz 8x6x4.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 10
latest reply