cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come On ebay!

OK, I have finally hit the top of my frustration level with ebay favoring buyers over sellers. I have a return that passed the amount of time they were given to return the item. So as I have done in the past, I call ebay, or rather click a button to have them call me, to close the case. I am told in the last roll out summer 2020, sellers are now given 15 days to ship the item back(actually it's longer because my buyer was first told to ship by October 21 and now they have until October 29th according to the person I spoke with) First it was 5, then 10 due to covid and now they are given 15 days or more from when the label was sent. Why not just allow them forever to return it????????? OR, WHY NOT JUST SAY AT THE TOP OF THE RETURN, THE SELLER HAS UNTIL THE ACTUAL DATE TO RETURN IT??????

We run businesses here, I have to ship the item within 1 business day to maintain top rated status. If the postal service doesn't upload it in time, I get docked. Once a return is delivered I ONLY have 2 days to refund or ebay does it for me, YET the sellers are continually given more and more time to return it. WHERE is my seller protection. Oh yea, if they return it and something is wrong with it, I can do a partial refund rather than a full refund. Ever try it? I have twice and then I had to fight my buyer to show them the item was sent new and returned used and then they appeal wanting their full refund, usually get it and leave horrible feedback. I have been selling here for 7 years and I have had it with ebay favoring buyers over sellers.  Come on ebay, please help your sellers.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Come On ebay!

I'd be frustrated if what happened to you happened to me, but I've not experienced that with similar situations.  I recently sold something "for parts or not working," that the buyer wanted to return due to a problem specifically noted in the listing.  Requested return 9/19.  I approved return on 9/20, but also contacted him stating that he got exactly what he bought, but noted I had approved a return label at my expense for him to return if he wanted to.  He was supposed to by 10/5, but never did.  On 10/9, Ebay opened a new case on my behalf, and closed it in my favor because "The buyer did not return the item to you within the required timeframe."  I didn't have to do anything.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply