cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says package not received & purchases again?

First time posting sorry if I miss something!

A buyer purchased two items from me on July 17, and tracking shows delivered yesterday July 21 at 10:14am. Today the buyer opened an Item Not Received request, and then immediately afterwards they also purchased the last remaining one of those items that I have. I added the tracking info to the request from eBay, and I spoke with someone at eBay who said I should message the buyer and have them contact USPS/their mail carrier about the package that was marked delivered. I messaged the buyer with that info and also asked that we resolve this situation before I ship out more to the same address - is this okay? Is there something more/else I need to do here? I don’t want to assume that the buyer is lying and I definitely want them to get their order, but I’m leery of shipping again while this is still ongoing. Any advice or suggestions are welcome & thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

First, contact that buyer and tell them there is tracking showing delivery.

In that case, it's important for the buyer to contact the delivery service that marked it as having been delivered as they have a way to check to see exactly where it was delivered.

And, no, you not want to be selling to this buyer before the original issue has been resolved.  Cancel, citing problem with buyer's address as a reason.

Wonder if there is any possibility that the package was stolen from their mailbox or porch? 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First, contact that buyer and tell them there is tracking showing delivery.

In that case, it's important for the buyer to contact the delivery service that marked it as having been delivered as they have a way to check to see exactly where it was delivered.

And, no, you not want to be selling to this buyer before the original issue has been resolved.  Cancel, citing problem with buyer's address as a reason.

Wonder if there is any possibility that the package was stolen from their mailbox or porch? 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@gld612 

To add to @soh.maryl's good advice (and if you've never experienced it), add the 'Delivered' tracking information into the case notes. I believe  you also have to add the carrier's name and the mailing and delivery dates to the case notes... I haven't done one in a long time, but I've heard this is a new requirement. Be proactive and you'll win the INR case.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks so much for your response! (I just read your advice to another user on an older thread before I posted this, so I was happy to see your name here!)

Yes, when I messaged the buyer I relayed the info that the eBay agent told me - that the buyer needs to contact USPS so they can get more details on the delivery. The address has an apartment number so I don’t think there’s a porch exactly, but if it was left anywhere unsecured I’m sure that someone could’ve grabbed it. I just really hope they’re able to find it. Will USPS mark packages as in/at mailbox even if they’re left somewhere like a porch? 
I just saw that the on-hold funds have been released, so I think I’ve done all I need to with regard to the missing package. On the buyer’s new purchase - the ‘problem with the buyers address’ option sounds like the way to go, I hate to do that but also I don’t think it would be smart of me to ship the same thing to that same address.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply