cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer in Czech Republic, US Shipping address

I guess I complained too soon.

The latest is a buyer in the Czech Republic, 9 FB, no recent - all over a year old. Has US shipping address in Georgia.  $350 item.  Auto part for a 1980s US vehicle, unlikely there's many of them there.  Buy it now, no attempt to offer, paid right away.  

Wondering if I'm about to get banged with the freight forwarder scam.  Bad enough I expect eBay will nail me with the extra fee for international transactions.  

Sales have been so awful I hate to not take this one.  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Yeah from what I've heard, ebay has recently stopped protecting sellers as much on these freight forwarding deals.

However have you tried, or are you in, the ebay GSP (Global Shipping Program I believe it is)? I've heard great things about protection when using that selling intentionally...

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

I've heard great things about protection when using that selling intentionally...

I hear ya! For most people, selling is purely accidental.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

"However have you tried, or are you in, the ebay GSP (Global Shipping Program I believe it is)? I've heard great things about protection when using that selling intentionally..."

Have you tried, you know, reading the thread?  Specifically where I said:

"The latest is a buyer in the Czech Republic, 9 FB, no recent - all over a year old. Has US shipping address in Georgia."

Which I also said in the title.  That's Georgia, the state, not Georgia, the nation.  It's a freight forwarder I am sure. 

Why would the GSP even be remotely related to this?

That you have to be out of your mind to use that is another story.  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@jonathankirkland is suggesting it for the future lol. No need to get mad, we are just trying to be helpful here. I use GSP and it helps sell my items and gets me more customers.

And yes that is most likely a reshipping company. If you do not feel easy with finalizing the sale, cancel it with the reason "Issue with buyers address" this will not ding your account

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I don't sell international on much of anything and have no desire to.  

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I ship my items to the address on the shipping label.  What more is there to think about?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Hi - So far I have had no problems sending to a foreign bidder with a USA address.   L

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

Wondering if I'm about to get banged with the freight forwarder scam.

According to one of the eBay Community Team, about the only way to protect yourself from the "freight forwarder scam" is to get confirmation from the freight forwarder or the buyer that proves the item has been forwarded after delivery.

Not quite sure exactly how one does that, but . . .

Here's a link to a good thread from a little over a year ago about this subject. I would assume this is still eBay's position on shipping to freight forwarders. It's a long thread, but definitely worth a read.

Freight forwarders 

If you'd rather not read the entire thread, here's the message I found most helpful.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Freight-forwarders/m-p/30669911/highlight/true#M1546587

Hope this helps you (or anyone else reading your thread).

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Ship with signature confirmation and you should be fine.

There are 2 freight-forwarders in GA we end up shipping to about each month.  So far, no issues.

Aside from the extra 1.69% ding, typically, all good.  Good luck!

P.S. since it is a car part - you might email your Buyer to "confirm" year, make, model, etc and state just wanting to be certain, etc.

Could be an out of country buyer whose kid is in college at Georgia Tech with an old car that needs a part?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

In my view no down side to this order at all.

For eBay's seller protection you are required to deliver to address as shown on order.

I would use a service with signature and would keep a copy of label showing address, tracking number and after posting the item I would send buyer a message advising him of tracking number and attach the label to this message.

In the unlikely event that a bogus INR case is opened then this message that you sent to your buyer will be used as evidence that you shipped item to correct address and if track& trace website shows delivered then case should close without a refund to buyer.

If buyer opens a case SNAD then like every other order seller is required to accept the return and pay return postage and in this case that will be from Georgia back to you and overseas part is not your problem( Buyer has to pay and send it back to Georgia) as you sold the item to an address in USA.

In my opinion your risk is no greater than if you had sold your item to your neighbouring city or state.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

"However have you tried, or are you in, the ebay GSP (Global Shipping Program I believe it is)? I've heard great things about protection when using that selling intentionally..."

Have you tried, you know, reading the thread?  Specifically where I said:

"The latest is a buyer in the Czech Republic, 9 FB, no recent - all over a year old. Has US shipping address in Georgia."

Which I also said in the title.  That's Georgia, the state, not Georgia, the nation.  It's a freight forwarder I am sure. 

Why would the GSP even be remotely related to this?

That you have to be out of your mind to use that is another story. 

Well with your gentle, professional attitude and great people skills I would think you won't have any issues with anyone ever. Continue being this kind to everyone including your customers, I am sure everything will work out great for you. 🙂

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I return what I get and frankly given this was yet another example of ignoring the problem to talk about something irrelevant, without even getting into the horror show that is GSP, I would say I was rather nice. 

I decided to ship since this isn't the Delaware forwarder most people come complaining about being scammed through.   I have my doubts any college kid in GA is driving a 1984 Dodge every day though, the odds are up there with there being one in Czechlosvakia that managed to last this long.  

Now, the next problem, somehow even though they BIN at like 2 am EST it wants me to ship today, and the weather may not be conducive to packing this large item which at least has to be prepped outside.  Gee thanks eBay for turning next day handling into same day handling.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Well with your gentle, professional attitude and great people skills I would think you won't have any issues with anyone ever. Continue being this kind to everyone including your customers, I am sure everything will work out great for you. 🙂

And if you continue not reading the premise or even the subject line before responding, you'll continue to see exasperation at why you're proposing non-solutions.  When I've made such gaffes before, I usually just acknowledge and apologize, rather than giving backhanded passive-aggressive compliments.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply