cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought fake Oakley Sunglasses

I recently spent $100 for a pair of Oakley Sunglasses on eBay but they turned out to be fake. The frame was squeaky, weak plastic. The lenses were also cheaply made. I went to request a return because I was sure they were counterfeit. I am very familiar with Oakley Sunglasses and know how to tell the good from bad.

The return was approved and I got it all packed up to return to the seller. I left feedback for the seller and marked it as negative because the item was a fake and they sold them priced as legitimate ones. 

After I left feedback, I got a message from the seller saying the Oakley's were authentic and he would no longer be giving me a refund because of my feedback. 

Is this allowed by eBay to threaten a buyer for leaving what I believe to be good and honest feedback? I haven't mailed the return yet but I am wondering if I should even do this at this point. 

Please help!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@holjo_72 

If you filed it correctly, you will get your refund. The feedback you left will most likely be removed by eBay because you filed a case. 

Keep the case open until you get your refund. Watch the tracking. Once tracking shows the seller received your package, you should be getting your refund. If you didn't send the item back with tracking, you are out of luck.

The seller cannot threaten you like they have. Keep the messages incase you need to file a report. 

You should only report a seller if you think they’re violating our policies. For example:

• They offer to sell you a listed item outside of eBay
  • They do not intend to complete the sale
  • They send threatening messages or use abusive or vulgar language
  • They published another member’s contact information
  • The seller gave you false contact information
  • You suspect the seller is under the age of 18

Here is eBay's link to the above policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller?id=4022&st=12&pos=1&qu...

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@holjo_72 

I forgot to mention Oakley, Inc. is part of the VERO program. You can reach out to them and provide the seller's usner name and they will investigate and shut them down. Just expalin that they are using the name and listing counterfiets, they will know if the are fake. The links will walk you through the process.

Here is the links to read up on it:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-prog...

Here is the link to VERO participants and Oakley is there:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/verified-rights-owner-program.html#m17-1-...

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I believe one of the case options is “item doesn’t seem to be authentic”. Use that one and you’ll get to return it.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

After I left feedback, I got a message from the seller saying the Oakley's were authentic and he would no longer be giving me a refund because of my feedback. 

That is incorrect. Don't be surprised if the negative you left is removed. You will have to return the Oakley's for a refund.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you paid with PayPal you can file a complaint with them. You can also file a ic3 complaint with the government. That is what PayPal will have you do anyway. I know I just now am going through this. There is a seller on eBay that keeps putting up new glasses as fast as I can turn them in for doing so. eBay needs to do a better job!!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Did you receive a prepaid shipping label? Why haven't you returned the item yet? What are you waiting for?

You will not be refunded if you don't return the item.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The seller can't hold up your refund over the FB *IF* you ship the item back under the eBay guidelines for non-authentic - do so ASAP.  They have to refund you.

But leaving FB right away is kind of the cart before the horse - all it does is muddy the waters for some people (like your seller) - just ship the item back.  When the tracking shows delivered, you should be refunded. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 8
latest reply