cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A buyer wants to have an item shipped to a diifferent address than her billing address

She would like to purchase the item as a wedding gift and have it sent to the bride-to-be's address.  She asked the receipt be sent to her (the buyer) address.   As a buyer, isn't our "receipt" basically the transaction information on our ebay profile? 

I have noticed that when I change the "ship to" address on the label, it says "may not be eligible for seller protection program" (I just did this as a test on another item I was shipping, there has been no type of transaction yet between us for the item in question, and I am glad she asked the question before purchasing.) 

I'm not 100% understanding what this means.  Is it a risk to the buyer/recipient?  Is it a risk to me?

I have one of those gut feelings that if I accept this situation, it's not going to end well.  Wedding presents are often duplicated and therefore returned.  If it were a low-price item, I would take the risk, but I am a just an occassional seller and anything over $100 is a great sale for me.  It is also a heavy item and my fear is that if I have to pay return shipping costs, I'm going to be out a good chunk of change.  

I know I can't base a sale on a gut feeling, but the last time I sold anything over $100 at this time of year, the package was mysteriously "lost."   I'm obviously willing to take the risk of selling a $100+ item again or I wouldn't have listed it, but is there any part of shipping to a different address than the buyer that puts this at elevated risk?

Sorry if I didn't explain this very clearly.   Thanks for any help you can provide!

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

A buyer wants to have an item shipped to a diifferent address than her billing address

That won't always be the case.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

100% no go, she should have changed the address on paypal, only ship to what is printed off on shipping lable... good luk..

Message 32 of 32
latest reply