cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I give a 3 shipping time

if the seller in which I purchased an item from stated USPS Priority Mail as shipping method and then ships 1st Class; and item takes 18 days to arrive..cause it got hung up in Memphis for days..is it wrong to give a 3 instead of 5 for shipping..I always give 5s but I feel I am doing the seller a favor pointing out this to them

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@simba6 wrote:

Your not supposed to be rating the shipping service. 

@simba6 

The OP is rating on the shipping service. Yes, the time took longer but it was supposed to go priority and she got less service then described on the listing. OP, are you sure you chose priority? Many sellers allows a choice at check out, and maybe you chose the wrong one?

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

I have & will continue to NEG for a bait & switch on the service, as that is completely inappropriate & deceitful.   So, for that, I'd leave a 1 & a NEG.  

I would say going that far is completely inappropriate and deceitful but that is just me.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

When a seller CHARGES for one service & uses a CHEAPER service & POCKETS the difference in price, that is a rip off of my money & a bait & switch on the service. 

@simply-the-best-for-you 

Sometimes with a Seller, it could be an oversight and not a nefarious plan to keep $4 from a Buyer.  I personally would hope Seller to Seller, you would reach out to your Seller, as a buyer, to discuss your mal-content with the transaction as a whole?  Any Seller who is decent, will work with a Buyer to achieve satisfaction regarding an order.  If your Sellers do not work with you or treat you poorly for pointing it out - that is different.

The reason I suggest this - what if it was an auction and sold for opening 99 cent price?  If they could ship it cheaper, as a Buyer/Seller......would never bother me really.  Or if it was an oversight or an error in the listing, etc etc.   I would want to "hear" from the Seller regarding the shipping before deciding.  

I think sometimes since we are Sellers, we are often harder on other Sellers that we feel do not live up to "our" standards.  To be honest, I have pretty low expectations when buying on here currently.  Many do not pack well, over-promise on the item and ship slowly.  If I need it tomorrow and it is critical (condition), I do not order on e-Bay.  lol

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

I have & will continue to NEG for a bait & switch on the service, as that is completely inappropriate & deceitful.   So, for that, I'd leave a 1 & a NEG.  

I would say going that far is completely inappropriate and deceitful but that is just me.

@coolections  It's not clear if you think the seller is being deceitful or me, as a buyer leaving the NEG.   I was saying it's deceitful for a seller to claim PM in the listing, charge for PM & then ship as FC, therefore pocketing the difference.   I'm stunned that any sellers here think this is ok, but apparently @this*old*attic  does 😮  I hope you're not agreeing that that's an ok practice.  

If you're referring to me leaving the NEG, despite the bait & switch practice.  What can I say?  Steal my money, you get a NEG. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

I think sometimes since we are Sellers, we are often harder on other Sellers that we feel do not live up to "our" standards.  To be honest, I have pretty low expectations when buying on here currently.  Many do not pack well, over-promise on the item and ship slowly.  If I need it tomorrow and it is critical (condition), I do not order on e-Bay.  lol

This doesn't really have anything to do with "our" standards, though-- it's about following through with what you advertised on your listing. If a seller promises a certain shipping service, then they need to use that shipping service, and if they can't they need to reach out to the buyer and let them know instead of just shipping it another way without checking to make sure that the buyer is okay with that. What if a buyer makes a purchase specifically because the shipping listed is USPS and then the seller ships it UPS instead, which the buyer DIDN'T want?

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Lol

I lost $3 because my seller PURPOSELY CHEATED me with an INTENTIONAL bait and switch (couldn’t POSSIBLY be an accident)!!!!

vs.

My home just got bombed/flattened, my cousin and 2 neighbors are dead, my child with cancer cannot get her treatment (even though we’ve been hiding in the hospital basement for 9 days), my husband has been conscripted, and my 81 year old mother is traveling alone to safety at the Polish border with nothing but the pair of socks she found sifting through her razed neighborhood…

Yeah, 1st world problem.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

There is always a chance it was just an oversight. But what were the options? First Class and Priority and you chose the latter? Or was it only Priority?

If you only had one default option. Can still bring it up, but I'd maybe ignore it. If it was a choice between the two and you chose the slightly pricier option, I'd maybe make a stink about it. Bonus points for not trying to pull a fast one with media mail though.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

And my item I wanted NOW NOW NOW took 2 1/2 whole weeks to arrive….

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Not ok…

Just - I have better things to obsess over and probably wouldn’t even notice

Give people the benefit of the doubt

Would reach out first if I felt it was worth my time…. Oh, wait. I make way more money than that per minute, and VALUE my time even more.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Described as: Shipped Priority Mail

Shipped: First Class Mail

Not as described?    😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 25 of 46
latest reply

If they notice.

I catch an unexpected shipping level every once in awhile when I get ready to ship, and just today I emailed a customer who bought a vintage bank but I realized condition said “new.”

She still wanted it, hadn’t noticed that herself.

Seriously, I think:

1. There are so many fields/IS now it virtually invites mistakes, and

2. When Ebay makes bunches of changes the system may just burp now and then

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

This doesn't really have anything to do with "our" standards, though-- it's about following through with what you advertised on your listing. If a seller promises a certain shipping service, then they need to use that shipping service, and if they can't they need to reach out to the buyer and let them know instead of just shipping it another way without checking to make sure that the buyer is okay with that. What if a buyer makes a purchase specifically because the shipping listed is USPS and then the seller ships it UPS instead, which the buyer DIDN'T want?

Thank You!  I was beginning to think I was losing my mind! 

@katzrul15 I hear you & I've done that in the past.  The response has always been "It got to you in the same amount of time, what do you care" or some variation thereof.   These sellers did not make an innocent mistake, they were intentionally trying to pocket the difference.  

I don't think that a seller doing what they say they'll do in their listing is expecting a particularly high standard, but that's just me & I do hear you that on occasion it can be a mistake.  But IME, it's usually not & when these idiots ask me why do I care if they steal from me, well, a NEG is perfectly appropriate in my book. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

Was talking about leaving a NEG over the situation that Simply described.  Does not warrant a NEG in my opinion - ymmv.

Seriously - this could have been an OVERSIGHT by the Seller - every Seller sometimes makes a mistake and if you have not, I applaud you.  I try really hard to not disappoint a buyer, but sometimes it happens.  If you read my entire post, I state that.  That before I would leave ANY FB, I would want to ask the Seller first and would hope as a fellow "SELLER", we all would.  Unfortunately, the statement by Simply does not read that way.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@simba6  not sure I completely agree.  The OP isn’t clear on who paid for shipping, him or the seller.  But if the buyer paid for priority shipping and the seller sent it first class, personally i’d be annoyed if the seller didn’t have a good excuse and didn’t refund me the difference.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Described as: Shipped Priority Mail

Shipped: First Class Mail

Not as described?    😉

Actually, I think it might qualify.  lol

For the OP @daneiac  - as I stated way UP thread - reach out to your Seller and see what they say.  It may very well be an oversight and they may be willing to address your concerns.  Good luck to the OP.  

Posting ID Only.......
Message 30 of 46
latest reply