cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

told odd thing about USPS that I don't understand

I posted this earlier in the buying forum but it was deleted without explanation. At least I think it was because it isn't there anymore. That's a first.

I bought a $1,200 picture and the seller sent it USPS priority mail. It was supposed to arrive last Thursday and never did. We both live in the same state about an hour and a half from each other by car. I asked him what is going on because there are only system generated "in transit" updates that end October 2 on this package and it's like in an unknown void. He wrote this: I’m friendly with the supervisor of my local post office. She said she was going to try and have it delivered directly by truck to avoid distribution centers which is where things get damaged. She said it may take a day or two longer. I said yes when she asked me if that would be okay but it was nothing I received confirmation on since she was doing me a favor.

My question is how is something like this possible? It doesn't make sense to me or seem logical. I've done searches about this online and not found anything and I'm looking for help. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Get the name of this 'supervisor' and call him/her. Anything's possible; seller is either lying or is not but if he 'knows' someone- could be...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You are being lied to: or the PO person is in a lot of trouble for going out side policy. What does the tracking say??

And is this item sold on eBay??

Message 3 of 3
latest reply