cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

today is the day to cancel ebay stores with no early termination fee

If I understand from previous discussions started May 1st we can cancel our subscriptions without paying a termination fee.  I will be doing so. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'll be waiting until closer to the end of the month to do anything.

I'm interested to see how the auto opting in to the GD will work out first.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I'll be waiting until closer to the end of the month to do anything....

It doesn't really matter when you so it.  Subscriptions are paid-for a month in advance, so cancellations and downgrades take effect on the first day of the following month.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I know that. I just want to wait a bit and see how things pan out.

So far with the "oh look I'm now an anchor store" glitch things aren't off to a very good start.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Great reminder for all.  Thanks for the post.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Right..I guess I should have clarified that I meant...starting today through the end of the month you can cancel without a termination fee.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

At least it isn't like the 'real world' where one must give 30 days notice.  Smiley Surprised

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

For the two stores I have on the chopping block, I'm planning on waiting until near the end of the month to demote them to non stores.  That way, they still get their 250 FP listings.  And hopefully, just like when they did get made into stores, they got their 250 in addition to the original free 50, I'm hoping to see that they will then get the base 50 after the stores are closed.  If not, no big deal though.

I also need to remember to claim their shipping supplies coupons for this quarter before giving them the axe.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I'm really thinking with all the same restrictions as the other stores but less "benefits", the new Starter store isn't worth it.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I'm not going to bother with the starter store.  Instead, those funds are being put into doubling the number of listings I authorize myself each month elsewhere (was 50 per month:  $10 in insertion fees, then up to an additional 50 once I show a net earnings of $20.  Now it is 100 per month, with an optional additional 50 if I have the product ready once I have a net earnings of $50 for the month.)

However, my sister here suggested I upgrade one store to Premium.  I may do that after I run the numbers to see if it will be a significant benefit to me.  I would also wait and see if I have enough stuff left over to have a need for the additional listings beyond the 50 free on the non store accounts.  But I will worry about that stuff later.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:
 ... I'm planning on waiting until near the end of the month to demote them to non stores.  That way, they still get their 250 FP listings.  And hopefully, just like when they did get made into stores, they got their 250 in addition to the original free 50, I'm hoping to see that they will then get the base 50 after the stores are closed.....

No, that's not how it works.  New or upgraded subscriptions take effect immediately, but a store cancellation or downgrade won't take effect until June 1.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
I'm really thinking with all the same restrictions as the other stores but less "benefits", the new Starter store isn't worth it.

Basically it's a gamble on whether we will get free listings. $5 a month for 50 listings is what the starter store comes down to. Now we all know ebay will decide to dole out free listings, or not, based on how many people they can get to sign up for the starter store. 

What will be interesting is if there are a massive amount of downgrades from basic store, will ebay in a few months offer a reduced fee or 3 free months upgrade back to basic? Wouldn't be unlike them at all, they've done this in the past with the basic store. 

I would just open a bunch of non-store accounts to get the same amount of free listings except I like to be able to watch and know when items are sold on my phone. Anybody know how to do that? I suppose one account/one browser is one way. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yeah, unfortunately with the app ca-ching you're limited to one ID .

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 13 of 13
latest reply