cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggested promotion percentage

has anyone else experienced the suggested eBay promotion percentage slowly rising over the last couple of months?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I see a variety of stuff, and I've seen it rise and fall over the last few months depending on the item. It was bound to rise somewhat, because of the increase in the minimum from 1% to 2%, but aside from that, I'm seeing the usual ups and downs for my stuff.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@nowheretoland 

Some others have mentioned this.  I suppose there are always some sellers that follow eBay's suggestions.  Others do the exact opposite instead.  Think it through, do your research and collect your own data if you decide to buy in  to the PL scheme would be my best advice.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I started using it. I sell stamps. And there is usually different promotion amounts on everything I sell. Some are 5% to as high as 12.%. I saw Cyprus stamps with a 50% promotion. I only do one at a time and not as a group.

You can always change the percentage from 12.5 to 5.5 easy which I do sometimes. I do it usually on my iPhone

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@nowheretoland wrote:

has anyone else experienced the suggested eBay promotion percentage slowly rising over the last couple of months?

You will see this when.....

1 - More sellers become convinced they must use PL in order to sell anything (not true).

2 - More sellers don't think for themselves and blindly follow eBay's suggestions.

From what I see on this board there are a lot more #1's around these days and there has never been a shortage of #2.

I only look at eBay's suggested rates when I need a quick chuckle, I do not use their suggestions when formulating a marketing plan.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@nowheretoland wrote:

You will see this when.....

1 - More sellers become convinced they must use PL in order to sell anything (not true).

2 - More sellers don't think for themselves and blindly follow eBay's suggestions.

From what I see on this board there are a lot more #1's around these days and there has never been a shortage of #2.

I only look at eBay's suggested rates when I need a quick chuckle, I do not use their suggestions when formulating a marketing plan.

@slippinjimmy 

Actually sellers need raise awareness about (blindly follow eBay's suggestions).

Personally, i was following eBay's suggestions rates on 2019 & 2020.

But on 2021, i've started dramatically decreasing my PL rates of my listings, i noticed that my listings impressions decreased than the year before around (25% - 35%), BUT my sales still the same of 2020, and my CTR rates increased significantly, even my organic sales increased 50% than 2020.

The thing is eBay's suggestions rates should not been the main standard for the sellers, sellers need to be more aware about that....

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Personally I can't see ANYONE following ebay's suggested percentage.

That's like walking in to a car dealership and saying "What do you suggest I pay for this car?"

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 7
latest reply