cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling

Hi, I'm a new seller. I  want to know, what should I do before start selling?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

selling

You might want to build up a little feedback by buying a few small things before you start selling. Buyers will be hesitant to purchase from a new seller from Sri Lanka who has no history. Other than that, start small until you gain some experience.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

selling

You know, I have nothing against Sri Lanka or Sri Lankans.

But how can so many of them come here asking the same ridiculous questions?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

selling

@tharulanka 

Learn how to sell here.

Is it graduation week for Sri Lankans this week?

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

selling

You might want to build up a little feedback by buying a few small things before you start selling. Buyers will be hesitant to purchase from a new seller from Sri Lanka who has no history. Other than that, start small until you gain some experience.

selling

I agree, as @rebell45 said, you might want to buy some small items on eBay before you start trying to sell.  New sellers, and especially those with a low feedback score, tend to be targets for scammers.  Your geographical location and the fact you are a new seller with no feedback will likely scare away a good deal of buyers as well.  Your feedback score is currently zero, which essentialy tells other eBayers that you are 100% new to the platform and have no experience with either buying or selling.  That sort of puts a target on your back for scammers, so to speak.  Not to say this can't happen to very experienced sellers with feedback scores in the hundreds or thousands, but experienced sellers have likely been there before and know how to spot shenanigans.

Also be very cautious if you are thinking of selling high scam items, like gaming consoles, graphics cards, trading cards, small, pricey electronics (iPads, iPhones, laptops, etc.), expensive jewelry, designer handbags, etc.

Start small, gain some experience with buying, and then proceed with selling cautiously.  Best of luck!  YMMV.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

selling

Your advice is very good for most new sellers; however, given the OP's location, the very first thing he needs to do is make sure that his buyers will be able to pay.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

selling

Thank you so much for your kind supportive advice.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply