cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling without photos

Hi folks:  I have seen listings that have no photos.  I have lots of records (45rpm) that I want to list without photos (but, yes, good descriptions).  Is this possible; if so, how?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

selling without photos

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@rixstuff wrote:

You know back in the early days people DID sell without photos.  Not many but some.  They were so overrun by sellers who DID use photos that it quickly became the norm.

Back in the day, there were only a few online ecommerce sites, no smartphones or tablets ...and we walked to school 5 miles uphill both ways, barefoot in the snow.

Would you buy any collectible item without a photo now?

And we liked it, dagnabit!

Belle
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

selling without photos

@southernfriedbelle wrote:

Wow! How are they even doing this? If I try to do it, I just get an error message stating that at least one photo must be uploaded!

Screenshot_2017-08-17-19-14-42.pngScreenshot_2017-08-17-19-14-42_kindlephoto-263816338.jpg

ikr

They must be speshul Smiley Frustrated

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

selling without photos

I was able to list without a photo. I'm not sure if it was just on mobile browser or within the app. I had to go back in an revise. 🤔

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

selling without photos

It sounds like a bad idea, what you don't know is a lot of those sellers have extra special protections from harm by eBay that us regular sellers do not.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

selling without photos

Cover your  you-know-what....

Photograph as if there is no description.

Describe as if there are no photos.

Protect yourself, nobody else will... Smiley Wink

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

selling without photos

As rixstuff noted, "back in the early days people DID sell without photos. Not many but some."

Actually, 35 years ago, record collectors like me purchased most of our mail order records through small press catalogues, or from the pages of "Goldmine" and "Discoveries" magazines -- and most of the ads in those catalogues & magazines had NO photos. But the sellers had worldwide REPUTATIONS -- and NO sellers wanted to ruin their reputations by passing off garbage records as the good stuff.

Remember -- there was no worldwide internet back then, and, unlike today, we weren't dealing largely with a bunch of unknown, faceless strangers: the TRUST factor was important for maintaining a good mutual reputation for both buyers and sellers. These were folks whom we could write or phone, or talk with in person at record shows. And it was always easy to have one dealer with a 100% "good rep," lean a little bit on a "bad dealer," in order to straighten out a bad deal.

Those days are long gone, folks -- and now we're placing a lot of trust in folks whom we may never actually see -- and a small fraction of those folks will eagerly steal your records AND your money, and leave you with nothing but a handful of SNADs.

As a seller, you're allowed to display up to 12 FREE photos of each item that you're selling.

Use them, and be safe. Good luck.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply