cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The selected item is no longer available." Can't view your own sold listing.

As a seller who have a few hundred of item listed, I find it very annoying and irritated that I can not view my own listing that I just sold recently.  Everytime I try to click my own listing that I just sold, it would open a page stating "The selected item is no longer available.", and show someone else item that is similar to it. I have no option to even view my own item.  I have buyer who had a question about the item right after they purchase the item. However I can't even view my own item to clarify the question they have. Is this the new normal or just a temporary glitch? Anyone have any idea how to view your own item that you just sold? 

Message 1 of 207
latest reply
206 REPLIES 206

But SOME items don't HAVE that blue bar with the listing link.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 166 of 207
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
But SOME items don't HAVE that blue bar with the listing link.

I've just done another 10-15 searches, and I always end up being able to see the item details for the sold item. 

Can you provide me with steps to follow where you are unable to see the details of a sold item? 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 167 of 207
latest reply

Alan,

This works for me! My thanks to whoever decided to include this feature - please don't remove it.  It restores the old "sold" serarch function, and addresses all my previously expressed concerns (not to ignore the folks who don't see the banner).

Mike

Message 168 of 207
latest reply

@dave-in-kc wrote:

I've noticed this on ANY sold item - not just what I've sold.  Sometimes it works normally.  Sometimes it brings up '...item no longer ...' and 'item' is clickable.  And, sometimes you can't see the item at all!  Thanks eBay!!!  (frowny face goes here). 

Smiley Sad

Message 169 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

alan@ebay

So this run around will continue for those of us who are not the seller or buyer? If so, good to know.  I'm not doing this click click click to get to ended sold and completed listings just to help sellers and buyers who come to these boards for help. I'll either just hail one of you "Blues" or send the seller or buyer over to Ebay For Business Facebook and let them deal with it.

I tried to help someone today and I kept getting shuffled here and there until I finally got to the right listing.

If your IT department has so much time to play around with this then you might want to tell them that the Shop By Category is an absolute mess and it should just be dumped.

Hi @readabouthorses

Here's my experience when browsing sold items. I am always able to see the listing page of the sold item. When I get redirected to an active listing, I click the 'listing' link in the advisory message: 

new_rare_LYNYRD_SKYNYRD_Farewell_Tour_Dates_2018_Logo_Black_T-Shirt_M-3XL___eBay.png

I am brought to a page where I can view the sold listing. If I scroll down the page, I see all info (photos, sales price, description, T&Cs, etc.) 

After clicking the 'listing' link, have you scrolled down the page that you land on? 

Thanks! 

Yes, I can eventually get there but it takes more steps than before and I'm not doing that anymore just to help a buyer or seller who comes to the boards and we need to look at the listing in question to get a feeling for what is going on.

It was bad enough before when you clicked on a sold listing and then had to click on the link to the original listing. Now you click on a sold listing, click on the link that says listing, then click on another link to see the original listing.

Message 170 of 207
latest reply

I've just checked on my SOLD listings and they are still there.

Perhaps it doesn't affect us small sellers.

Message 171 of 207
latest reply

This does not "improve the user experience" for this buyer.

It interferes with my ability to use eBay as I have for 18 years and more than $70,000 in purchases.

If you wish to make suggestions for those who want them, fine. Buyers already tolerate a great deal of background noise in the form of suggestions included with both active and completed listings. I remember the "good old days" when we weren't bothered by this at all.

But if you hide the details for completed listings some buyers, including myself, will no longer see eBay as a good source for purchasing.

eBay decision makers need to make some important choices here. And if they make the wrong ones they will create gaps that others will be glad to fill.

Message 172 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

alan@ebay

So this run around will continue for those of us who are not the seller or buyer? If so, good to know.  I'm not doing this click click click to get to ended sold and completed listings just to help sellers and buyers who come to these boards for help. I'll either just hail one of you "Blues" or send the seller or buyer over to Ebay For Business Facebook and let them deal with it.

I tried to help someone today and I kept getting shuffled here and there until I finally got to the right listing.

If your IT department has so much time to play around with this then you might want to tell them that the Shop By Category is an absolute mess and it should just be dumped.

Hi @readabouthorses

Here's my experience when browsing sold items. I am always able to see the listing page of the sold item. When I get redirected to an active listing, I click the 'listing' link in the advisory message: 

new_rare_LYNYRD_SKYNYRD_Farewell_Tour_Dates_2018_Logo_Black_T-Shirt_M-3XL___eBay.png

I am brought to a page where I can view the sold listing. If I scroll down the page, I see all info (photos, sales price, description, T&Cs, etc.) 

After clicking the 'listing' link, have you scrolled down the page that you land on? 

Thanks! 

And here's another example of what we see.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 173 of 207
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

alan@ebay

Hi @readabouthorses

Thanks! 

Please provide steps to reproduce and I'll take a look. The more information you can give me the better!

Thanks.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 174 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Please provide steps to reproduce and I'll take a look. The more information you can give me the better!

Thanks.

alan@ebay

It's random so it might take a while to find one. 

I'll look and post when I can give an example.

albertabrightalberta

Message 175 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

alan@ebay

Hi @readabouthorses

Thanks! 

Thanks.

alan@ebay

Here you go! The listing brought up is NOT the listing I wanted to see and in fact, isn't even the same brand of purse. 

https://www.ebay.com/i/VINTAGE-COACH-QUINCY-BLACK-LEATHER-CROSSBODY-PURSE-BAG-9919-Made-in-USA/17329...

And in order to see the listing I wanted to see, I have to click on the item number in the URL: 173299977477 which is THIS one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COACH-QUINCY-BLACK-LEATHER-CROSSBODY-PURSE-BAG-9919-Made-in-USA/173...

albertabrightalberta

Message 176 of 207
latest reply

For items that are not linked to the eBay catalog, the experience remains the same; you will be redirected to a similar active listing.

In addition to all of the problems people have mentioned here, how does ebay decide what is considered a "similar active listing?"

We've already seen ebay comparing a Valentino Rockstud Pump, which retails for $995+, to an $80 ECCO shoe.  Most likely neither will be in the ebay catalog.   If this is an example of ebay's idea of two comparables - color and shoe - that equal similarity, we're all in big trouble.   

If I'm a buyer looking for a Valentino pump and I'm shown a pair of ECCO shoes, I'm outta here.  I'm not being snide or snarky; I'm saying there is no comparison between the two items other than they both go on feet.

Seriously, who is doing this compilation of "similar items"  - the same people who are constructing the catalog?   As someone else said, doesn't it make much more sense to show similar listings of items that are in the catalog?   Or is that already being handled by the product page and someone had to figure out how to link/sell non-catalog items?

If ebay wants to charge sellers to see completed listings (Terapeak), then just say it and do it.  We'll choose if we want to pay.   

I could go on but I just spent 2 hours on a Global Entry government website and my words have turned blue ...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 177 of 207
latest reply

And another:

https://www.ebay.com/i/302757595454?ul_noapp=true&rmvSB=true
albertabrightalberta

Message 179 of 207
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

alan@ebay wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

alan@ebay

Hi @readabouthorses

Thanks! 

Thanks.

alan@ebay

Here you go! The listing brought up is NOT the listing I wanted to see and in fact, isn't even the same brand of purse. 

https://www.ebay.com/i/VINTAGE-COACH-QUINCY-BLACK-LEATHER-CROSSBODY-PURSE-BAG-9919-Made-in-USA/17329...

And in order to see the listing I wanted to see, I have to click on the item number in the URL: 173299977477 which is THIS one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COACH-QUINCY-BLACK-LEATHER-CROSSBODY-PURSE-BAG-9919-Made-in-USA/173...

Thanks, @albertabrightalberta!

What steps are you taking to land on that product page? When I search for this listing by title in the sold section, I am brought to the active item that has a direct link back to the sold listing. I do not land on the product page in the first URL.

Message 180 of 207
latest reply