cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Payment processing" over sale 6 days old. Cannot cancel or get in touch with buyer...

A buyer purchase an item from me through an accepted offer. As soon as the item sold, I was unable to send an invoice so I assumed that the buyer was set to immediate payment which I assumed would be processed within the hour after the sale. 6 days later, the payment is sill processing. 

I have tried to contact the buyer several times without success. I have tried to place a non-payment dispute with eBay but I am unable to due to the "payment still in process". 

I'm basically stuck in limbo at this point. I cannot ship it because I haven't been paid, I cannot report it so I cancel and relist it...anyone else dealt with this situation. Am I dealing with an e-check situation waiting to clear? eBay seems to be protecting the buyer at this point. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"Payment processing" over sale 6 days old. Cannot cancel or get in touch with buyer...

Little confused by your post. When you say the payment is still processing do you mean the item shows as awaiting payment? If you have not been paid you should be able to cancel the order after 4 days for non-payment. What exactly do you mean by "an e-check situation waiting to clear"? 

A couple of notes with regards to things in your item description.

You can make the following statement but there is no requirement for bidders/buyers to adhere to this. 

**NOTE: First time bidders with zero fedback, please contact me before bidding** - PLEASE READ ALL CONDITIONS BEFORE PURCHASING - CHANGES FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING BELOW...

You need to read the MGB with regards to the following. While you can not accept returns that does not translate to no refunds. 

ALL SALES FINAL

While buyers can still use PayPal to pay for items you cannot restrict them to that payment method only. If you have your non-payment settings set to automatic the limit for non-payment is 4 days not 7.

PAYMENT: Paypal - Due within 7 days of auction end.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@primeseven5 wrote:

I have tried to contact the buyer several times without success. I have tried to place a non-payment dispute with eBay but I am unable to due to the "payment still in process". 

It sounds like the buyer paid with an e-check ... that can be done through PayPal, if the buyer pays with their bank funds, when they don't have a credit/debit card attached to the account as a backup payment method. This is what PayPal calls an e-check. Possibly google or apple pay have a similar payment method.

That is the only reason I am aware of, for why a payment might take so long in "processing".

However, if the payment doesn't clear (finish processing) within 4 days from the time when the last invoice was sent (or from the time of the purchase, if no invoice was sent) then you should be able to cancel the transaction for non-payment (which would automatically give the buyer a strike for non-payment). eBay got rid of "non payment disputes" several years ago, and replaced them with the cancellation for non-payment, which fills the same purpose, but is a few days faster.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You need to ship if it says Awaiting Shipment.

If it does the buyer paid and eBay may be holding the payment 14-30 dwys. Was the item expensive or in a high risk category? 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply