cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promoted listing sales error

Well, IT has surely been at it again, or my account has developed a mind of it's own.

My account was on "time away" from 2/10  - 2/19.

I opened back up Saturday afternoon (2/19),  had 2 sales on Sunday, and one today. I thought, let me take a little look at the "traffic" to see how things are going.

The fist thing that I noticed was that my Sunday "impressions"  were huge. About double what I normally get.  Page views were good. Again higher than previous, but not strangely higher.

The alarm/panic hit as I scrolled down to the sales section seeing green promoted listings bars representing the sales.  I have nothing promoted. Have had nothing promoted for quite some time. Well in excess of 30 days since anything was promoted.

I continue to scroll down. 

Active listings........................ "promoted" shows nothing is promoted.

If I click on Sold listings....   it shows all 3 sales as "promoted". Promoted sales, from non-promoted listings.

When I go to Payments/All transactions it does not appear that I have been charged a "promoted fee" on these items. Just the standard 12.55% +$0.30 is showing up there.  Sometime back, I had a "promoted" item sell, and the promotional fee was clearly shown there.

I went to the active listings page. All listings are "eligible to be promoted".  Shows none are promoted.

Anyone else being subjected to this latest debacle ?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@buyselljack2016Did you share your listings on any other social media site(s). I did a few as a test when they first started that program (I forgot what it's called). We couldn't figure out where the 'promoted' aspect was coming from. We also got a credit which we didn't know where it came from. We also couldn't figure out why we weren't balancing at the end of the month.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

If I understand you correctly, this is a glitch involving PLs that it confined to the Sales Report? The Sales Report is showing these (incorrectly) as Promoted Listings, but you aren't being charged a PL fee in Payments?

What about on your Orders page? Does that page indicate these are PLs as well? 

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

No other social media. All I can do to keep my head straight with eBay 😉

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@buyselljack2016

If I click on Sold listings....   it shows all 3 sales as "promoted". Promoted sales, from non-promoted listings.

When I go to Payments/All transactions it does not appear that I have been charged a "promoted fee" on these items. Just the standard 12.55% +$0.30 is showing up there.  Sometime back, I had a "promoted" item sell, and the promotional fee was clearly shown there.

If I read this right, if the "promotional fee" was charged it will be line item under "Payments ---> Summary

under Recent Transactions

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Traffic sales shows "promoted".

Listings insights say 3 were "sold via promoted listings".

On "Orders page" I see nothing indicating that they were "promoted".

These are items that I have multiples of, and 2 of the 3 had sales earlier in the month. Not promoted then, not promoted now, no changes made😁  The fees on the 3 sales are not showing extra fees charged.

Again, if I go to "active listings", it shows nothing being promoted.

Wife's account had an "Ad Fee Standard" for a "promoted" item back in December. That was clearly a "fee" line unto itself in "all transactions", and View provided all info detailing the charge, and also shows in "orders"

promo listing.jpg

My "Print Key 2000" program (for screen shots) seems to be monkeyed up, and will only do gigantic displays, so I can not show much other than the Listings insights, or shots of just the upper left side of a page.

promo insights.jpg

Seems, at this moment, that I am not being charged a fee.  Close my eyes, and wait for a surprise.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Appears that no "promoted fee" was charged at this time.

I have done nothing on my listings that should make them show as selling as a promotion.

eBay IT coders must have done something to make this appear this way.

I just don't need any "after the fact"  "promotional fees" for these items 😐

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

"Promoted Sales from Non Promoted Listings" - WTH does that even mean?    No help, I've never seen it before, but what a weird tag to put on those items 🤔

ETA:  Unless this is from the new pay per keyword promoted program???  Did you do any of those?  If so, this could be a way to differentiate from standard PL's. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

"Promoted Sales from Non Promoted Listings" - WTH does that even mean?    No help, I've never seen it before, but what a weird tag to put on those items 🤔

ETA:  Unless this is from the new pay per keyword promoted program???  Did you do any of those?  If so, this could be a way to differentiate from standard PL's. 

Sorry for the confusion on that part.  The red was meant as a "statement" by me, and was not part of what was displayed.  I should have separated it a bit from the rest, and used a ? mark, or several !!!!!! or a frowning face, or a pile of doo-doo emoji.

I did not "promote" those items under any of the eBay methods for promoting. They are unchanged from earlier in the month, and in the months past when I sold the same item.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 

Does your dashboard let you delete your old PLs that show ended?  If they are still there and not deleted out, what end date were they?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Same here.  Started Thursday afternoon

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

DSCF0001 (19).JPG

Here they suggest that I could

"Create your first Promoted Listings campaign"

DSCF0002 (16).JPG

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

me too but most of my sales are from promotions but not all and the graph says all

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Screenshot 2022-02-21 132838.png

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 

Does your dashboard let you delete your old PLs that show ended?  If they are still there and not deleted out, what end date were they?

Now you are just trying to make my head hurt 🤣😁🤣 by having me look for old promoted listings.

I have done a few promoted campaigns in the past, and have ended campaigns, but it may not have been on the account that is getting this grief now.

I don't even know where to look now. (I have tried to look)

Message 15 of 31
latest reply