cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

otterbox selling on ebay

The craziest thhing happened, I have listed my otterbox cases before and have had them removoved right away because of a VERO rule.  They offer you an e-mail to try and become an authorized otterbox dealer, but I am yet to find anyone whoever received an e-mail back from them.  Anyways, I noticed if you do the sponsorship and pay an extra percentage they leave it up.  Everything was going great, then their "user" bought one and claimed counterfeit even though it was bought from them.  They have a lawyer in California doing the checks and apparently lying to have it removed. It's insane, it doesn't violate a single Federal or State law to resell their product.  I didn't under-cut their prices or anything.  Why would these people lie?  Why is it becoming impossible to sell almost everytging on here?  Counterfeiters are busted right awy and eBay gives the buyer their money back right away.  Us as seller's are being rippe off daily by thousands of dollars by this money back guarantee.  eBay and paypal don't care that everyone is ripping us off, they just keep letting it happen.  I can't tell you how many fake products I received back in the mail and was ripped off.  This is starting to become ridiculous.  You can't even find a good phone number for otterbox that will help you.  Things are getting rough, they overcharge me on items for fee's and won't fix it until about 8 hours total of calls and it doesn't show up as a refund, but a credit for the next months invoice.  I know it sounds like a ramble and I apologize, I just think it's crazy, bordering on the line of illegal.  Let me know what you think.  I'm interested in any ideas on what to do or handle these situations.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

otterbox selling on ebay

Best solution is to not reward their behavior.  Don't purchase their products, and the remaining inventory you have can always be listed elsewhere where you can exercise your right to dispose of your property as you see fit.

They sound unworthy of the privileges of having customers and revenue.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

otterbox selling on ebay

@coinsandcases4 wrote:

...Why would these people lie?  Why is it becoming impossible to sell almost everytging on here?...

Because they can. VERO is going to be the downfall of eBay, write those words down. EBay all but killed off the Collectibles market (which is really what eBay was the most successful with) and now anybody can claim VERO rights and have the item pulled.

BTW, most of the VERO complaints are competitors (i.e. other sellers) trying to eliminate competition. The program works very well for that.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

otterbox selling on ebay

My question is why are you relisted items already pulled for a vero violations.

If you keep doing it, you may find your account suspended and not being able to list at all, and you would no longer find it funny.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

otterbox selling on ebay

Get a lawyer and fight it. They only get away with it because people let them. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply