cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-paying buyers

new here never asked a question before .. has any other sellers notice a rash of non payers.?? ive sold here on e bay for a long time and i cant rember having this problem. it seems crazy but in the past month it seems like i have to open cases for non payment. and loose out on selling the item to a 2 nd chance offer while i wait to get my credit as you know from start to finish i belive its 7 days. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

non-paying buyers

If yyou have fixed price listing, use immediate payment only.

If the winner does not pay the listing goes on as before.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

non-paying buyers

hi thanks they were in auctions. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

non-paying buyers

@lasvegaspicker702 wrote:

hi thanks they were in auctions

You could always list them as fixed prices at the minimum you are willing to accept.

Problem with auctions, is during that week or so people forget, or they find something they want better or at a cheaper price.  And as you know it is so easy to just not pay.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

non-paying buyers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today was the first day that I had such an experience.  Someone made a fake account with an address for a home up for sale in Georgia and the name of a dead woman in Maryland.  0% feedback, made the account today.  Bought my item, refuses to answer any messages, refuses to pay.  I am wondering if it is another seller who is trying to clear my item out of the way for a few days in order for theirs to sell first.

This experience taught me to upgrade my paypal account to "business" and use the advanced selling tool to list it as "buy it now" with "immediate payment required".  Though I have lost legit watchers and a legit sale for about a week until this unpaid item case resolves, at least I learned to update all of my other listings to protect myself, and eventually I will relist this item, too.  I also applied the most stringent requirements possible for potential buyers, everyone else is blocked.  I also blocked this one fake account, though I have no doubt they will just delete the account when the unpaid item assistant contacts them. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

non-paying buyers

IMHO there has definitely been an increase in non-paying bidders.  Last Sunday I sold 3 items totaling over $1800 and ALL OF THEM were NON-PAYING Bidders.  I just closed the cases.  Gee Ebay, thanks for doing nothing about these dead beat bidders.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply