cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no views and slower sales this past month

i've noticed that in the last 35 days my sales are down about 42%. I understand that the economy is still getting worse and prices are still slightly rising but in the last 35 days my sales and views are down huge! I sell auto parts and i would average 5-8 sales a day. currently i average maybe 1 a dayor best case 2 a day. i have been using all the advanced promotions that ebay offers and i have changed my return policy to free returns and all the other top rated seller + thresholds to get the top rated seller + badge.  feedback is at 98.9% + and i have been listing new items 30/35 days . so basically each day i list a new item.  i have noticed my views of my newer items have between 1-3 views in 10 + days . nothing has changed on the way i list items im usually the lowest priced with a markdown manager with free priority shipping. I called ebay and they said nothing is wrong with my account and they did a referesh on my account.... so basically has anyone else seen a dramatic slowdown in sales and views? if so what the heck is going on? i have items that many are selling same item higher priced with shipping costs and they sell where as my items are in some sort of limbo!  this is getting me very worried  

thanks

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

If you're not paying for Promoted listings, you're probably getting buried under them.

Open you browser in Incognito mode.  Try searching for your items like a user would.  See how deep you are in the results and what you competition is doing.

I will also look to see how many feedbacks the competition at the top have had in the past month, to get an idea of how much they're selling (usually about 4x more than # of feedbacks).

The sellers that sell the same type of auto parts that you do, and have a lot of feedback, are good to examine.

I sell Kitchen & Bath faucets.  My business picked up like crazy the past month after I increased my Promotion rate by .5%.  I can't say that's why, but I think it is.  Sales have doubled.

Kim
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Currently down -48% - like a freefall!! unreal!

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

@nilis13 wrote:

Currently down -48% - like a freefall!! unreal!

@nilis13   I've been watching it for a very long time ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

@profitweb wrote:

If you're not paying for Promoted listings, you're probably getting buried under them.

Open you browser in Incognito mode.  Try searching for your items like a user would.  See how deep you are in the results and what you competition is doing.

I will also look to see how many feedbacks the competition at the top have had in the past month, to get an idea of how much they're selling (usually about 4x more than # of feedbacks).

The sellers that sell the same type of auto parts that you do, and have a lot of feedback, are good to examine.

I sell Kitchen & Bath faucets.  My business picked up like crazy the past month after I increased my Promotion rate by .5%.  I can't say that's why, but I think it is.  Sales have doubled.

@profitweb 

Whether I am logged in or not my items wind up in the same spot on Search in many cases, another member search an item here last week and mine was something like 11th ... a friend did the same search and it was 7th ... I did the search logged in and out and was higher ... 

We are talking about an item that only yielded a TOTAL of 16 results period ... it's not like it's a saturated category.  Who knows, maybe it's like spinning a wheel and where things are when the wheel stops is where they get put on Search results.  Algorithm Roulette perhaps???????????????????  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 34 of 36
latest reply

I see you sell lower demand items like I do (I only saw the interior trim pieces, I kinda think I bought from you before) - it's completely hit or miss, except during 2020 when crazy things sold, fast.  Your items are clearly legit, but I sell some car parts and they are entirely random, so I get excited when they sell.  I think the problem with car parts in particular is the 'China Effect.'  People are wary of knockoffs and bootleg, in my auto circles, people ridicule people for shopping on ebay.  

Personally, I'd rather by authentic used on ebay, than 'new'  close-enough junk from China, but not everyone thinks that way.  I've sold some used car parts before and mentioned that - 'why buy 'new' Chinese part when you can get authentic Toyota,' and got excellent feedback.

I won't buy car parts from ebay or Amazon.   

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Good to know and that's good news!

My next step would be to search Terapeak to see recent sales (Seller Hub -> Research).  Sort results by "Date Last Sold".  If you can, do the search by brand and model number, if that is what is used for your item.  

If there haven't been any of that product recently, then demand for it is probably poor (or all sellers are priced too high for buyers).

I also notice your items are Auction format, not Buy It Now.  Most people want to just buy the item, not deal with auctions.  You might see a huge uptick in your sales if you offer Buy It Now (you can research prices with Terapeak to help price).

NOTE:  Searching eBay's items with the Sold filter on shows listings that were ended without a sale, so the results are misleading.  That's why Terapeak is necessary.

Hope this helps.  You obviously know your product area better than I do, so take the advise that helps and leave the rest!  Wishing a sales boost on you!

Kim
Message 36 of 36
latest reply