Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new picture policy...ebay tell us the truth please

ebay has a new picture policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/picture.html

not allowed :watermarks of any type

i stumbled across this article on google search:

https://thenextweb.com/google/2017/08/18/google-watermark-stock-photo-remove/

what is the real reason you want us to remove watermarks?

and its not because Google is demanding it . or that is the new trend.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

G is demanding all sorts of things from websites in their zeal for world domination.  They need to be stopped, but people are afraid of them de-ranking them in searches.

Personally, I wish people would simply STOP using G for searches.  There are effective alternatives.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay will not allow text or watermarks on pictures because they don't want buyers to see the seller's business card or any sort on information that would allow buyer to see they might be able to bypass eBay and buy directly from sellers. 

The seller may have their own business web site that eBay doesn't want anyone else to know about it or the seller.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

G is demanding all sorts of things from websites in their zeal for world domination.  They need to be stopped, but people are afraid of them de-ranking them in searches.

Personally, I wish people would simply STOP using G for searches.  There are effective alternatives.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The watermarks and text on photos is ONLY for Google Shopping.

It has no bearing on a regular google search.

@chrysylys wrote:

Much like wally world has done to ITs vendors. 

ebays watermark policy probably has more to do with the catalogue building. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

"Personally, I wish people would simply STOP using G for searches. There are effective alternatives."

I wish people would stop using them for EVERY thing - GAWD why hand over your life to the evilest of the evil? I have been doing everything in my power to avoid any and everything google since 2011 and it's like the noose around my neck disappeared - liberating freedom!!

And I do have a few web sites, prior to 2011 stressed myself - literally - sick trying to appease that monstrous behomoth. Now I do what I want, how I want and to Hades with google. And I still get visits, so they're not all they're cracked up to be....

Sorry, didn't meant to get into a mini rant. Mention google and poof - I'm off and running lol.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply