cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay's evil product ratings

I can't list a particular product because 1 other "junk yard" seller sold an old broken version of the same product and received a one  1-star review.  I can't figure out how to prevent the bad review from being added to my listing.

But this is my specific question   There is one other listing for this product and it has no product review.  So I used the "Sell Similar" option to create a new listing.  I didn't change any product details.  My new listing had the 1-Star review instantly.  All my other efforts to create a new listing for this product took about a day for the 1-star review to be added to my listing.

How can this be ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So you have to make a decision which way to list it, either have the views in Google with the bad review on here, OR leave off the review, and have much less visibility from Google?

Personally, I'd take the higher visibility option.  Reviews are what they are, and for every product there will always be some lower ones, in this case the lower one is the first to write it up.  The 'review stars' are newish on here, so many items don't have a long history of them in the first place.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Start your listing from scratch and never put barcodes (or any other identifying numbers) in the listing. These numbers  link your item to the ones with the reviews.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes, however my ebay listings are consistently at the top of the Google Search Page Display-Ads with 5-Star ratings which requires some recognized product identifiers. One of My listings had a 5-Star rating from Google and 1 Star rating from ebay ! I want to get rid of the bad ebay rating and keep the good Google rating.   Having a your listing featured with an ebay sponsored Google Display Ad multiplys traffic on the ebay listing by a factor of 4x.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

So you have to make a decision which way to list it, either have the views in Google with the bad review on here, OR leave off the review, and have much less visibility from Google?

Personally, I'd take the higher visibility option.  Reviews are what they are, and for every product there will always be some lower ones, in this case the lower one is the first to write it up.  The 'review stars' are newish on here, so many items don't have a long history of them in the first place.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If there is anything at all on that "review" which addresses that seller you can report it for removal.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Just write your own review lol Ive seen a ton of sellers do that. You can tell the ones who log in with multiple accounts to do it, they all say the same thing
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Report the review as being Seller Feedback and Unrelated to the product.

It will be removed.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have the opposite problem. Someone copied my title and item specifics word for word and my review is showing up for the 5 products they added that are completely different than mine. I think that's kind of shady on their part and misleading to their customers too. I guess I just have to let it go? Ebay doesn't seem too concerned about it.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I agree. I have said for Years that this is ONE OF THE WORST rating systems in the world because WHY should your used item be judged agianst another seller's used item? NO TWO USED ITEMS ARE EVER THE SAME. It is totally BOGUS1

Message 10 of 10
latest reply