cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay user fulfilling Amazon orders and abusing return system

I just had a case opened by a notorious Amazon seller and return abuser.  This guy is so bad that he actually has Youtube videos about him.  His feedback is above 8000 now and all of them are purchases.  His current "left" feedback is  nearly all negative.  I am assuming he's received tons of refunds for people who he didnt leave negatives for.

Here's his scam:

He lists hundreds (possibly thousands) of  vintage electronics for super steep prices on Amazon even though he has none of them.  Whenever he gets a sale, he simply goes on eBay and buys one for a fraction of the cost on eBay.

Here's the problem : 

Not only does he not  have any inventory,  his blind listings are fulfilled with eBay items that may or may not be an exact mach for his listing (cosmetic or inclusive-wise).  Furthermore, his 3-5 time markup of eBay prices exponentially increases buyer expectations.  People who pay more for something, usually expect more.   Factor in how much buyers already abuse the Amazon return system and these transactions are a disaster for eBay sellers.

And that says nothing about the fact that this guy doesn't inspect, clean, photograph, list, pack, ship OR PROVIDE ANY POST SALE SUPPORT.   Any complaint from his Amazon buyer and he simply disputes the transaction and gets his money back.  He usually buys larger items with the expectation that many sellers are not going to want to pay to have something he tells them is broken returned.

I've already reported this buyer, but I'd like to be more proactive.

What he is doing clearly violates Amazon policy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201808430

Any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Add him to your block list so he can't buy again  http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

What did Amz say when you reported him?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Um amzn sellers can't leave feedback, much less negs, for buyers.

Amzn sellers are only allowed a total of 1% failure rate so your story cannot be true., and they also require signature confirmation which is pretty foreign to sellers here.

Vintage, used electronics are what you say the guy is selling on amzn? Come on now...what brands do you think are ungated over there, not to mention the brand registry, rolling reserve, the fierce competitiveness, which categories you think allow used, when new is only allowed with a totally intact warranty which means the amzn buyer is the first and only buyer, no retail arbitrage, no used once, no opened box...used vintage electronics? 

You're not familiar at all with amzn a-z rules. Any time a seller misrepresents an item in any way imaginable, the buyer is refunded from seller's funds...and keeps the item...as a punitive measure.

That means the eBay seller would not be forced to refund because the amzn seller would not be able to return those items for a refund.

Any why you care what amzn does? Why aren't you working with others sellers and eBay? As far as buying large items to avoid returns?  Um The guy wouldn't have anything TO return because the amzn buyer keeps it for the misrepresentation.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"Whenever he gets a sale, he simply goes on eBay and buys one for a fraction of the cost on eBay".

Please tell me how I can go on eBay and buy for a fraction of the cost on eBay.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@duggmills wrote:

"Whenever he gets a sale, he simply goes on eBay and buys one for a fraction of the cost on eBay".

Please tell me how I can go on eBay and buy for a fraction of the cost on eBay.

Maybe read the first post more carefully. They’re selling for a very high price on Amazon, and filling the order by buying cheaply on eBay (i.e. a fraction of what they’re selling it for).

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Any complaint from his Amazon buyer and he simply disputes the transaction and gets his money back.  He usually buys larger items with the expectation that many sellers are not going to want to pay to have something he tells them is broken returned.

Okay, is this guy a buyer or a seller?  What does "disputes the transaction and gets his money back" mean?

What does "something he tells them is broken" mean?

I do know what Amazon's return policy means and he cannot continue to successfully dispute returns.   The tolerance level at Amazon for that is very close to zero.

Edit:  Never mind.  Figured it out.  You, OP, mean the seller disputes the ebay transactions.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think you are saying that you had a case opened against you on ebay by an ebay member/ buyer.

The ebay buyer is also an Amazon seller that lists vintage electronics on Amazon. Their 8000+ feedback given on ebay is nearly all negative.

Correct so far?

"Whenever he gets a sale, he simply goes on eBay and buys one with his ebay account....Not only does he not  have any inventory..."

How do you know he is drop shipping everything and has no inventory?

"He usually buys larger items with the expectation that many sellers are not going to want to pay to have something he tells them is broken returned."

How do you know this because it sounds like conjecture?

"Any complaint from his Amazon buyer and he simply disputes the transaction and gets his money back."

Again, how would you know this?

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to figure out if there are any ebay violations.

Has this ebay buyer violated any of ebay's rules?

If he has violated any Amazon rules and you reported this to Amazon, then you have done all you can, yes?

What is the case against you for?

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

87% positive (181 ratings) 4400+ transactions.

That's from his Amazon store which lists 2700+ products, mostly older audio equipment, some camera lenses, video game stuff etc. He has old $30 Dell laptops and Sony video game systems up for $300-$400 when they regularly sell for $30 on eBay.

I'm certain he doesn't sell many of the items, but he does sell frequently enough that googling his eBay ID provides multiple people describing exactly what happened to me.  He drop ships his inventory from his store and then disputes it. His name is in a bulk ban list circulating around.

With 2700 items he will occasionally get those people who are fixated on replacing that old broken thing and thinking Amazon is safer than eBay. Some people fall in love with an old piece of electronic and the less savvy among us will often look to Amazon as the safer place to buy.

Any concerns from his Amazon customers he immediately disputes on eBay. He's been doing this for 10 years now and has 8000+ feedback as a buyer only. The majority of the feedback he leaves is all negative.

To clarify, I’ve been lavenderstarred before for media.  If you drop ship media for an Amazon seller, you aren't paying attention.  Plus, it's easy to meet those customers expectations.  But this guy  blind lists vintage stereo equipment he does not have with no description and then expects eBay sellers to meet his customer requirements regardless of how the eBay seller described it. We get eBay prices but Amazon customer demands. Not only are Amazon customers more likely to return because they pay significantly more for these items, the people who buy older equipment often tend to be older and less tech-savvy.

Worse of all he makes it so I cannot provide any post transaction support. My feedback record is perfect because I don’t believe the sale ends when I pack and ship it.

How am I supposed to resolve a transaction with my customer, when the buyer is not my customer?  

Although his account is registered in the US, his broken English and his pattern of abuse indicate to me that he might not be here physically.   His behavior and the circumstances around his account reminds me of the Romanians many years back.  He's sophisticated enough he has found away to look somewhat legitimate.  I'm even  a little scared to request his eBay information for this very reason.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply