latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay server off and on for past month, what gives

I haven't noticed.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I haven't had any issues. Have you considered that it's your internet connection or wifi? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I haven't noticed.

Nor have I.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Given that eBay has big server farms, I don't think the server is going down. I get periodic stalls in the evening, also, and put it down to high traffic.

Thursday night used to be Fixit-Nite and things would go a bit wonky as eBay tech tinkered under the hood, but I actually haven't noticed that for a while. Maybe it is now Sunday night. Or, perhaps all week.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Given that eBay has big server farms, I don't think the server is going down. I get periodic stalls in the evening, also, and put it down to high traffic.

Thursday night used to be Fixit-Nite and things would go a bit wonky as eBay tech tinkered under the hood, but I actually haven't noticed that for a while. Maybe it is now Sunday night. Or, perhaps all week.

As far as I know it's still Thursday night but the affects are minimal unlike years ago when all sorts of functions would be down briefly. Back in the early days the Thursday maintenance was actually one to two hours when the site was essentially completely offline. I used to have a policy of never listing ANYTHING (Auctions) after 4:00pm on Thursday, if an auction closed Thursday evening there was a high likelihood that last minute bidders would not be able to access the listings.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yeah, it used to go offline between 11:00 and 1:00 a.m. Pacific time.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for replies, hopefully it will go away, it is eBay site because my internet is fine 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply