cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay return policy question

Hi all,

i have a quick question.   I've never been asked by a buyer to return an item.

i listed No Returns in the ad, but I want to do the right thing according to eBay seller rules.

I am willing to take the return, but the photos from the seller's  item look quite a bit different from my photos of the item we sent out.

1. if we do take the return, what is the process?

I assume I don't issue the monetary refund until the item is shipped back, correct?

2. If I do receive an item that is not the original item that was sent out, is there any recourse via eBay ?

Unfortunately,  positive reviews have been issued both from the buyer to seller (me), and from the seller to buyer.  This is very very strange.  Why would the buyer issue a positive review from buyer to seller if the item was a mess?  I can only think to short circuit the review process on the transaction.   Very odd.

Thanks

what  headache:(

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

if the photos look different,why dont you ask buyer why?

pick up the phone and call him.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

no return is an oxymoron policy,when buyer sees no return,then he will use INAD to force a return and you pay return shipping.

he could destroy your item to justify the return.

buyers and sellers both use ebay automated leave feedback ,so feedback does not mean buyer remorse or INAD.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

This situation all sounds very strange.

Has the buyer opened a case with you? If so, what kind of case? Is it a "item not as described case" or what?

The fact that they are willing to pay return shipping, but are showing you pictures of an item that is in worse condition than you item, is extremely perplexing to me, coupled with the fact they left you positive feedback.

I would try to get more information from this person before proceeding, if they haven't opened a case let them know you don't accept returns and see what happens. If they are insistent about returning it, then point out the fact the pictures they sent you do not match what you sent them, and see what happens from there.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

OP - I would caution you not sell such high $$ items until your feedback is equal to the cost of those items. Your low feedback makes you a scam magnet especially when selling high priced designer items.

Yes I agree.

If i end a Buy it now can I save the ad for later, in case I want to reactivate it?

it isn't worth it.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@tofu107 wrote:

I would caution the OP to have all communication go through ebay messages.

A phone call has no paper trail and is not recognized by Ebay as CS can't read those messages.  You don't want to create a he said, she said situation that has no proof available.  Always only communicate through Ebay messaging.

For your own protection.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@tofu107 wrote:

I would caution the OP to have all communication go through ebay messages.

A phone call has no paper trail and is not recognized by Ebay as CS can't read those messages.  You don't want to create a he said, she said situation that has no proof available.  Always only communicate through Ebay messaging.

For your own protection.

Yes I'm doing all communication through eBay.  

Message 21 of 21
latest reply