cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay removed all of our automotive listings because they can be used on Assault Weapons!!

eBay is proactively taken down all of our automotive auctions because they can be used on assault weapons. Since there is no clear definition of an assault rifle anything can be one!!! I guess now NOTHING can be sold on eBay because somehow they could be used or modified to be used on a gun rather than a car!!?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay removed all of our automotive listings because they can be used on Assault Weapons!!

@blueovalindustries wrote:

eBay is proactively taken down all of our automotive auctions because they can be used on assault weapons. Since there is no clear definition of an assault rifle anything can be one!!! I guess now NOTHING can be sold on eBay because somehow they could be used or modified to be used on a gun rather than a car!!?

And yet you have 3501 BIN listings still up. If eBay was after "all" of your listings they would have taken those down too?

What exactly were you auctioning?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

It was our oter account YatesPerformance , sorry. It is the end of the day Friday when all of this happened. Merchant support got them put back up but for eBay to just remove all of our listings and say "There is no fair warning" is ridiculous. Since you can not use attachments or pics. here is part of the email

"

Your listings have been ended

Hello yatesperformance,

After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
- All of your listings have been removed. A list of removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s)..The item you have listed, does not fall within our policy for Assault Weapon Parts and Accessories. eBay has expanded the policy to prohibit the following:

• any gun part that was originally designed for an assault weapon
  • anything that hints the part may fit an assault weapon
  • parts that enable a semi-automatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine to become an assault weapon

Please take this time to review the policy, your inventory, and end items that do not meet the criteria mentioned above. ***We are no longer able to offer fair warning for this policy, please make the necessary adjustments so that the item is not relisted.***"
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

So you were selling CAR PARTS, and Ebay removes them because they think they're GUN PARTS?

Bots run amok again unamused

Now, do you have a front seat for my Gatling gun? Smiley Frustrated

And we really need a head smack emoticon.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

There has to be more to this story.

Radine

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Edited.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@blueovalindustries wrote:

It was our oter account YatesPerformance , sorry. It is the end of the day Friday when all of this happened. Merchant support got them put back up but for eBay to just remove all of our listings and say "There is no fair warning" is ridiculous.

I see 4,818 listings under that account at this moment. They ended all of them? What sort of explanation did you get from Merchant Support about how that removal was triggered?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Did it offer a deep discount, why did eBay Open at the exact hotel where hundreds of pounds of assault weapons were used in an attack 2 years ago this month?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@nh7235 

Can I buy a verb?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Going through the same thing as I type this. Although, what they've done to you sounds even less justifiable. This is insane. I hope you are able to get a decision in your favor.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@pargran3 wrote:

There has to be more to this story.

Radine

WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree.

I got one of those notices one time about one of my listings and the FIRST thing they did was give me the option to take it down or modify it MYSELF. Only IF I did NOTHING would they then step in and remove it themselves.

On that basis I wonder if he got a prior notice he ignored. And we all know you don't yank on Superman's cape.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

So you were selling CAR PARTS, and Ebay removes them because they think they're GUN PARTS?

Bots run amok again unamused

Now, do you have a front seat for my Gatling gun? Smiley Frustrated

And we really need a head smack emoticon.

I don't think we have near enough information here to even begin to try and help the OP.  

Your opening question is a good one, but it could also be the other way around:  You were selling Gun Parts in a Car Parts category?

What were the parts?  How were they described?  What was in the titles?  Oh so many questions.

You could be absolutely right.  This could be a bot out of control.  I'm only saying we don't know enough about the removed listings.  I'm not trying to accuse anyone of intentionally doing something wrong.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Maybe in his listings he used too many bullet points.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

The email says they don’t follow a fair warning policy on this specific reason for takedown.

So, no, OP didn’t ignore prior notice.

Would love item info, though.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

Maybe in his listings he used too many bullet points.

Smiley Very Happy laughing Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 15
latest reply