cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay needs to Fix their return reasons

I sold three items to one person and today they want to return them because 'it doesn't feel right'  It was a face cream.

How can well see on a site that lets the stupidest reason return items?  There needs to be more, there needs to be a more stingent set of rules.

So, in addition to giving her back her money, I pulled six items out of inventory and am donating them to Goodwill, just in case the next buyer wants to say "It just doesn't feel right".

I know I"m asking for the moon, but this really had me reconsidering eBay today.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@divwido 

I understand what you are saying, but when it comes to face creams, some of these manufacturers are putting some really weird things into their products. I once used a large name brand product that turned my face bright red! It was a horrible reaction. Maybe your buyer had a burning or stinging sensation after use and therefore discontinued use.

Even when I was nursing in a large hospital, the soap that we had to use on the wall, peeled my skin and burned it, and I wasn't the only one.

So maybe what your buyer stated is true but like the other poster said, just leave the others listed. Q: is there an expiration date available on this product or any recalls? You may want to contact the manufacturer about this product ( that's what I did, they sent me a check) Best to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You offer free returns but you want eBay to allow returns only for specific reasons?  

Just because 1 person doesn’t like a product doesn’t mean that others will be unhappy. I would leave the other ones listed.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just curious. If you bought that face cream from a store and it did not "feel right", would you return it, or bite the bullet and throw your money in the trash ?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I've had people pay more in shipping to return an item than what the item cost was to begin with. What is wrong with these people? eBay has bred a whole new breed of "buyer".

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@divwido 

I understand what you are saying, but when it comes to face creams, some of these manufacturers are putting some really weird things into their products. I once used a large name brand product that turned my face bright red! It was a horrible reaction. Maybe your buyer had a burning or stinging sensation after use and therefore discontinued use.

Even when I was nursing in a large hospital, the soap that we had to use on the wall, peeled my skin and burned it, and I wasn't the only one.

So maybe what your buyer stated is true but like the other poster said, just leave the others listed. Q: is there an expiration date available on this product or any recalls? You may want to contact the manufacturer about this product ( that's what I did, they sent me a check) Best to you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I know I"m asking for the moon, but this really had me reconsidering eBay today.

If this is e-Bay-ese for "things are slow, I just want a few normal sales so things get back on track", I am right there with ya.

No returns or issues, just slow and I think when things are slow or slower, every return or sale issue seems magnified when it happens.  Does for me, anyway.

Sorry for your buyer.  Can you "test" one yourself before you donate all 6?  

Hopefully tomorrow is better and you are Blessed with chocolate in the house for times like these.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If it will make you feel better, we can all share with you some of OUR stupid reasons for a return.

Item: Dole Plantation chewy pineapple candy

Returned open package

Reason: I thought it would be chewier

Item: Dole Plantation real sugar cane sticks

Returned unopened vacuum-sealed package

Reason: These are inedible

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 7
latest reply