cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay lost my item and refuses to reimburse me

I sold Nike shoes back on Nov to someone in UK but the shipment never been delivered. For over 3 months I was trying to locate the shipment and helping the buyer find it, going back and forward between PayPal and eBay calling every week. At the send, the buyer opened a case with PayPal to get his money back, I called eBay three time, all the agents were saying don't worry I'm covered under their policy. PayPal closed the case in favor of the buyer and refund him the money, So I called eBay again to get this issue solved, two agents asked me to call PayPal again!! I did, wasting two hours on the waiting but nothing changed. 

I sent email to eBay support time and I got two different replies loool. One from agent talking to me as I'm the buyer hahahah, the second ask me to call PayPal again. I emailed him back that I'm the seller and I already contacted the PayPal and nothing changed. That man replied with very weird email, see below

-----

((Thank you for contacting eBay with regard to the (ITEM) that you sold. I understand that you would like to get the selling fees credited for the transaction. I'll check this for you.

Based on how the case ended, it appears that we were the ones who issued the refund back to the buyer in the transaction. This means that the fees would not be credited back to you considering that the only time these fees gets credited is when you issued the refund voluntarily and successfully back to the buyer.

I know this may not be the news you are hoping for but I hope the information helps.)))

----
Is it my fault now? I didn't issue the refund voluntary ? what the ...... !!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@khkheos_eb5yvxlmt 

Why do you say that 'ebay lost your item'?  Did you ship it through the Global Shipping Program, i.e. ship it to Kentucky where it would be forwarded to your customer?  

You are in Managed Payments now.  Did this happen while you were still taking PayPal? 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Following are crucial questions that you must already have the answer to.

Was shipment through eBay's Global shipping Programme?

If yes then you file a claim through eBay and if item is not delivered you will get your money back and if it is now delivered you will get your money back as Pay pal closed the case because delivery to final address could not be proved.

Was shipment through postal service provider of your choice?

If Yes then what service did you use?

Does it cover lost in transit compensation?

Do you have tracking reference number?

Have you tracked your shipment?

Is status showing delivered if yes then what date?

Is this date before or after Pay pal closed your case?

When Pay pal case was opened and you discovered that item has not been delivered (3 months after dispatch) ask yourself why you did not issue your buyer a refund. Buyer was not at fault and it was your responsibility as the seller that either he gets his item or money back. No third option existed and had you issued a refund then as per eBay policy you would have received your final value fees.

If you have any further questions or I have now provided sufficient information or help then reply back with your list of questions and i will be happy to share my experience and thoughts.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

When the buyer opened the case with PayPal, ebay no longer had control of the situation

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I shipped it through eBay global shipping program, tracking number starts with ESUS. Tracking history showing the shipment is somewhere in Germany with ((DHL Undeliverable Return)) note, and That was on Feb 15th before even PayPal opened the case.

eBay emailed me  claim link but when I entered the amount =$284, I got an error message saying the amount is more than what insured. That was before the two emails mentioned above.

I didn't refund the buyer because and I'm regretting that, I was following the instructions from eBay agents. Every week an agent will say to me don't worry, the buyer is under eBay protection plan, and he will get his money. Even when PayPal opened the case, those agents were saying I just need to give PayPal the tracking number, and they will close it, then eBay to refund the buyer. so is it my fault that I followed what expert eBay agents saying? 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

This was on Nov 2020 before switching the payment. I will not give my bank info to eBay before solving this

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

May I ask

why you guys assuming I don't want to refund the buyer? I know I and the buyer are covered but I was following what those agents were telling me. Give PayPal the tracking number, or I have to wait and the shipping will be delivered, OR don't worry, it happened at no fault of you. 

I wish I never listened to them. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

OK I shall attempt to simplify the issue and see if I can get you to a position where you can recover some of your money.

Noted that shipment is through GSP.

Noted that item is not delivered and is on way back.

Noted that reason for non delivery on 02-15-2021 as shown on website is (DHL Undeliverable Return) 

Noted that eBay advised you to open a case and amount you entered as $284 was errored as " the amount is more than what insured"

First step for you is to find out maximum amount that you can claim and this amount may be shown on eBay's global shipping programme details or you need to telephone eBay to get this information and start the claim process.

Right now there is little point in revisiting events that have passed and let us hope that you can open an claim for an amount that covers substantial amount of your cost as we already know that amount will be less than $284.00.

Your comments regarding eBay's customer support and their advice are noted and frankly I am sitting here open mouth as to how or why they were reaching those conclusions as eBay policies on such issues are extremely clear and easy and does not require a huge amount of intelligence to convey the message to a seller.

Best result for you is a partial claim  or some time soon your item back as well.

If you need any further help with this then come back and I shall try my level best to help.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I shipped it through eBay global shipping program,

@khkheos_eb5yvxlmt 

The hardest part of the whole situation when the GSP is involved is convincing ebay customer service it is a GSP sale.  Even after all these years, claims filed for INR or damaged in shipping land directly in the lap of the seller just as any other claim even when the GSP is used.  Customer service often acts like they never heard of it before. 

Make sure that you used the GSP instead of the other program eBay International Standard Delivery (name?).  The latter has no protection other than $100 insurance coverage.  

If indeed it was a GSP sale, it is back on the phone for you.  PayPal is supposed to cover ebay GSP claims as well. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your reply. 
I don’t think I’m going to use eBay anymore. 
I don’t trust them nor I do trust their customer service. I would do the refund the first day I found out but they keep telling me to wait for their decision. I got misleading info from them and I’m living the consequences.
thanks again  

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

On eBay UK site things must be working differently as in the recent past a case was opened for item received damaged and shipment was through GSP.

I received this case notification and message said at this stage we do not need any information and we shall contact you if situation changes.

3 days later I received a notification that a full refund has been issued to buyer and our account will not be debited as we were not at fault.

I telephoned eBay to find out details of what had gone on and was told that GSP confirmed that item they received from me was in good condition and damaged occurred in transit between them and final destination therefore Buyer was refunded by GSP.

It was that simple and clean. No drama at all.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

jahot55
Pathfinder

I received email saying my items were paid for and time to ship. So I shipped them. they told me they never sent those messages. I then screenshot the messages  from ebay to eBay and they sent me a message back saying they don't have time to resolve the issue. They are crooks. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

That's a mighty strange tracking number starting with "ESUS".

Are you sure you shipped it via GSP?

It should have a regular (all numbers) tracking number going to Erlanger, KY.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@jahot55 

You should start your own thread, focusing on your situation. 

Explain who ‘they’ is (buyer? eBay? someone else?)

What are the listing numbers? Did you ship with insurance? Did you ship using  eBay labels?  Where did you get the shipping address?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I just did that thank you

Message 15 of 18
latest reply